INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: yadb - failure to connect  (Read 1788 times)

jbmcw

yadb - failure to connect
« on: March 07, 2007, 09:04:39 pm »

Problem I'm having....
I load a cd to rip. No info available, info box appears. No problem here, I have a lot of small-run artist-produced cdr releases so I don't expect them to be there. BUT, when I've taken several minutes to load the cd info into the box and click on done I get the "failed to connect to yadb" message followed by the no info available for the cd and then have to go back and re-load the information through the tabs box. Frustrating? youbetcha!
I've had this before. Any help gratefully received.
j

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: yadb - failure to connect
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 09:12:01 pm »

You mean it erases the info after the failure to submit?
Can you post your system info?

j

jbmcw

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 02:47:11 am »

Hi,
yes the info is erased. Hey it was you that responded to my previous post on this subject which I include below as it has my system info included...thanks for the help last time.
Hi,
my problem is...i insert a cd, it's not found by yadb(this happens a lot and doesn't bother me, not much worse than other databases i've tried)so up pops the cd information box. I fill in the details and click done which normally moves me along to the next phase of ripping the cd, but instead since last week i get a little box that tells me the action failed, status:unable to be added to the database.
At this point I have to go to tag info and fill in the details again and this time they are accepted.
I know it's something stupid I've done because it happened a few months ago and I found an answer somewhere here in the forum but damned if I can find it now. Any help much appreciated but please assume you're dealing with someone with very little technical knowhow.
thanks
My system info if that's any use...
Media Center Registered 11.1.200 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1489 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 151 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: LITE-ON CD-RW SOHR-5239V  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: LITE-ON  CD-RW SOHR-5239V   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 10:44:42 am »

I'd suggest upgrading to MC12, the data entry process is a lot smoother.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up