INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dumb Cover Art Question - Upgrading Images & Display Size  (Read 1158 times)

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Dumb Cover Art Question - Upgrading Images & Display Size
« on: March 10, 2007, 08:39:29 pm »

Probably a dumb one here...

If I get a better piece of cover art, can I just replace the low-quality version with the high-quality version? Assuming the new file has the same name as the old one, will everything stay the same (except with better art)?

I also have all my art stored in my library as images as well. Again, with the new file having the same path as the old one, will the whole library be fine, or is there some behind-the-scenes trickery going on so that MC knows they are different files?

When I've tried this in the past, I've lost the library data from the images--I'm assuming because MC is doing some thing to recognize that the new file isn't the exact same thing as the new file.

Also, when in display view, showing cover art only, my art doesn't scale to fill the screen. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Best,
Brad

prod

• Play nice
Re: Dumb Cover Art Question - Upgrading Images & Display Size
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 10:53:04 pm »

Because tags are stored within the JPG, then by deleting it you lose the library data if Update for external changes is checked in Auto-Import options.

To attempt do this painlessly try the following;

Make sure Tools->Auto-Import options->Options->Run auto-import in background is UN-checked
Delete your old file, copy in your new file
Right-click the library entry for your art, select Library Tools->Update Tags (from Library)
Remove the image from your library and re-import it.
Right-click any audio that has this cover art assigned to it, select Cover Art->Remove Cover Art
Re-assign the cover art to the same audio files, so the thumbnail is rebuilt from the correct image

This is complete guesswork on my part, but I would imagine it could work.

Pete

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 12:46:39 am »

I've upgraded many of mine by selecting the tracks I want to update the right click --> cover art --> paste from clipboard (I had previoulsy done an impage search in Alta Vista / Google and copied to the clipboard the image I wanted).
JRiver CEO Elect

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 07:19:26 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions!

jmone, I know your method works, but it's tedious when you are talking about 100s of pieces of art.

prod, thanks for the reminder about 'updating for external changes'. I think this might be what has bollixed me up in the past. I'll be trying this on a small scale, then I should be able to go for the whole shebang....

Best,
Brad

rjm

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 10:09:59 pm »

mmm... I suggest an easier approach.

I assume you are referring to MP3 files and that you are storing artwork inside the MP3. If not, disregard the rest of this message.

Simply select the MP3 file (or files) and right click Cover Art\Add From File. Select your new artwork and you are done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up