INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mediacenter 11 (and now 12) stopped working  (Read 1642 times)

Justme

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Mediacenter 11 (and now 12) stopped working
« on: March 14, 2007, 09:08:11 am »

Hello. Everything was working fine until today when media 11 stopped working completely. It would load up like normal but after less than a minute a message would appear that windows has encountered a problem and is closing the program. I havn't made any changes, but I am wondering if I had a windows update today. Anyway, I tried restarting the PC, and the suggestions offered by Media Center on restartup, but that had no effect - it still crashed before a minute was up. I decided to reinstall the program, so I deinstalled it (completely, including wiping the folder) and gave Media Center 12 a try (30day trial). If it worked, I guess I'll update.

But after one successful working of v12, now it also has the same problem. After less than a minute the error message from windows appears again and the program shuts down.

So, all of a sudden, neither v11 or v12 works on my PC. Has anyone else seen this problem?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Mediacenter 11 (and now 12) stopped working
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 03:42:19 pm »

I have not on any of the many, many machines where I use MC11 and 12 regularly.

That sounds very much like a hardware issue or a borked windows install.  You may want to check the weird and wonderful thread as well.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up