INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding Cover Art to Library in MC 12  (Read 1401 times)

saulniers

• Recent member
Adding Cover Art to Library in MC 12
« on: March 21, 2007, 02:58:56 pm »

I find that when I add cover art to entries in the Media Center 12 library, the file tags are modified and the file date changes. This has not occurred when I've added cover art using previous versions of Media Center. In Tools>Options>General I have deselected both Importing and Tagging Options. In Tools>Options>File Locations, I've selected the In Specific Folder option for track images. "Store images in tags also" is not selected.

I am adding cover art by selecting the tracks of an album as they are displayed in the album view, right clicking on the selection, selecting cover art, selecting add from file, and then browsing to the file. When asked if I want to move the cover art jpg file I select No. The cover art thumbnail appears in the library view as I expect it to. However, there is an actual modification of the file being made that I don't expect. When I use Windows explorer to monitor Media Center at work adding cover art to the library, I can see a change in file type (icon changes the unknown file type) and then a return to MP3 format. The file date changes to the current date. The tags are scrambled to a new order, and three new frames are added to the tag: 1) Tool Name: Media Center 2) Tool Version: 12.0.185 3) a five digit number characterized as Media Jukebox: Date (I don't recognize the format).

I've used previous versions of MC to associate cover art with library entries and files have not been modified. In going through the various options, I can't find a selection where MC should be modifying the file tags and date when it makes the cover art association. However, there are many possible selections.

I need to verify whether I've encountered a new method by which Media Center makes the cover art association with library entries or I need to change a selection to cause the behaviour to stop. Note: I've copied system info below. The two devices listed are thumb drives.

Media Center Registered 12.0.185 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1663 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1046 MB, Free - 429 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STCDRW/DVD GCC4244  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\chimes.wav

Burning /  Drive D: HL-DT-ST CDRW/DVD GCC4244   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Device info dump for 'USB DISK Pro (F:)':

WMDMName: USBDISKPRO (F:)
DeviceUID: $$?$storage#removablemedia#7&38f30beb&0&rm#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}$0
CanonicalName: \\?\storage#removablemedia#7&38f30beb&0&rm#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}$0
VendorName: ; VendorID: 5118
ProductID: 6689; FirmwareVersion: PMAP
WMDMSerialNumber: 1f
DeviceType: 2; DeviceID: 076617940736; DeviceName: USB DISK Pro    ; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: F:; DrivePath: ; MainDriveLetter: F:
IsJanusCapable: 0; IsIpod: 0
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1
SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: mp3;wma
ContextMenus: Delete
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ApplicationName: Media Center
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: Music\[Artist]\[Album]\
ImageBasePath: Images\
VideoBasePath: Video\
DataBasePath: Data\
PlaylistBasePath: Playlists\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath: Audible\
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([Track #, 0])[Media Type])
ChangeKeyExpression:

Device info dump for 'USB DISK Pro (G:)':

WMDMName: USBDISKPRO (G:)
DeviceUID: $$?$storage#removablemedia#7&1011f289&0&rm#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}$0
CanonicalName: \\?\storage#removablemedia#7&1011f289&0&rm#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}$0
VendorName: ; VendorID: 5118
ProductID: 6689; FirmwareVersion: PMAP
WMDMSerialNumber: 1f
DeviceType: 2; DeviceID: 076617940736; DeviceName: USB DISK Pro    ; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: G:; DrivePath: ; MainDriveLetter: F:
IsJanusCapable: 0; IsIpod: 0
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1
SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: mp3;wma
ContextMenus: Delete
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ApplicationName: Media Center
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: Music\[Artist]\[Album]\
ImageBasePath: Images\
VideoBasePath: Video\
DataBasePath: Data\
PlaylistBasePath: Playlists\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath:
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([Track #, 0])[Media Type])
ChangeKeyExpression:
Pages: [1]   Go Up