INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.189  (Read 11041 times)

JONCAT

Re: Media Center 12.0.189
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2007, 07:33:50 pm »

Set Image As Desktop Background isn't working. I had it working after uninstalling Irfanview & some fiddling. Now the Desktop>Properties>Desktop Image is not even updated when an image is "set" in MC. I fixed things with manual changes in the registry and everything broke down when I re-installed Irfanview; conflict?

DC

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2007, 09:52:18 pm »

Wow.  I have heard of Irfanview a time or two in the past but am now looking into it.  I may just add it to my standard install set when I format our house computers next.  Thanks for the suggestion!

benn600

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2007, 10:05:18 pm »

I think Irvanview is much better than the default, plain XP viewer but wow...there are a lot of things it could do better!

1. Should buffer next image.
2. Thumbnail viewer doesn't even show network shares
3. Thumbnail viewer doesn't have a previous directory button
4. Buttons could be updated to follow the 3-d button common today
5. I also want to suggest a different default start mode: it should open shrinking large images.  Otherwise, 7+ mp images just fly off the screen on lower resolution monitors.

Not that this is an Irfanview thread, but I'd like to comment.

What's the chance that J River could add a simple image viewer to Media Center?  I would love that!  Something like Irfanview but much more streamlined and carefully thought out (like MC).  Lots of times, I don't want to use MC to view a photo...so a separate app is the key.

craft

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2007, 03:39:41 am »

null

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2007, 09:21:05 am »

Oh.. I thought I was doing something wrong again.. I don't play DVD's in MC too often (but I am trying to use MC for more things, not switching between different applications). In the previous public build I noticed that the DVD menu was not working so I poked around with the decoders and such and everything started to work.
With this build I got this ActiveMovie window...
BTW, I have Nvidia Video and Audio decoders installed - are they good enough? Supported?
Thanks!

That was a bug.
The change referred to by "8. Changed: More robust DVD graph building to hopefully prevent ActiveMovie windows from popping up." was not in this build. It is fixed in the NEXT build.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2007, 01:07:07 pm »

Any idea when we're going to see an update?

I'd really like to try out MC for playing my DVDs, but the current pink screen isn't a very interesting test...

-John

benn600

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2007, 07:05:26 pm »

MC doesn't generate thumbnails for DVD movies anymore for me.  It doesn't grap a screenshot from the video or do what it should, pick up the folder.jpg image.  What am I doing wrong?  Does the folder.jpg cover art work for others?  I have tried the quick find feature.

DVD playback doesn't work either on my Vista computer.  When I start a DVD (avi, wmv, etc work FINE), Vista exits Aero, and MC freezes and turns white.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up