INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.189  (Read 11020 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.189
« on: March 10, 2007, 08:28:21 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120189.exe
NOTE: Please backup your library before editing any smartlists with the new smartlist wizard.

12.0.189 (03/09/07)

1. NEW: New smartlist editing system.
2. Fixed: Theater View wouldn't update nicely when building thumbnails. (introduced in build 188)
3. Fixed: Exiting Theater View while a plugin was loading textures could cause a crash.
4. Fixed: Error with DCRaw not returning all the exif data to MC.
5. Fixed: MF_CAMERA was returning the description and not the camera model.  (If the model is blank it tries the make.)
6. Changed: "Legacy Video Renderer" is now the default video renderer for automatic selection if the user has not selected a decoder, or if we can not determine whether the selected decoder is capable of supporting VMR9.
7. Changed: Upload to Web or Ftp no longer includes a html index option.

10. Fixed: Viewing some playlists could cause a Theater View crash. (introduced in build 188)
11. Changed: Many Theater View plugin architecture improvements.

NOTE: Please backup your library before editing any smartlists with the new smartlist wizard.

12.0.188 (03/08/07)

1. Fixed: Video ProcAmp controls (for digital TV, video and DVD using VMR9) would drift away from user selected values toward default values if the user selected values were negative.
2. Fixed: In certain cases, the UPnP server was not detected.
3. Changed: The UPnP Server attempts to use port 2869 as a default.
4. Changed: Improved how DVD player will handle video renderer selection.
5. Fixed: (Possibly fixed) DVD video was shown in an ActiveMovie window when VMR7 or VMR9 was selected.
6. Fixed: Web Media view crashes when clicked on.
7. Fixed: In certain cases a burned DVD disc displayed short 8.3 filenames.
8. NEW: Passport Photo option in Image Editor's Cropping tool, to help users crop a photo to passport specification.
9. Fixed: Current TV recording would not be imported into MC if a "Stop Recording" command was not issued before unloading TV control.
10. NEW: Passport Photo (2x2) Print mode in photo print wizard.
11. NEW: Added SomaFM and PublicRadioFan (Web Media sites) to the Audio list.
12. NEW: RAW file support added for Sigma .x3f files and, in theory (I have no sample files), sony .arw files.
13. Changed: Reworked (again) digital TV graph-building for recording.
14. NEW: Pix01 Gallery description now being sent to the Pix01 server.  (So you can search on it.)
15. Changed: MC will no longer load images for tagging that it can't tag. (helps performance when dealing with large TIFF images, etc.)
16. Fixed: Scheduled TV recording would show an error after recording finished if the user had configured not to view TV during scheduled recording.
17. NEW: Theater View supports plugins.

12.0.187 (03/06/07)

1. Changed: YUV Mixing Mode is back for Video Mixing Renderer in video and DVD playback, and is user configurable on media type basis.
2. Changed: Screen saver (and monitor power down) while in fullscreen playback are disabled two ways to better cope with Vista's UAC.
3. Fixed: Possibly fixed error about unactivated component PlaybackEng.dll under Vista. (please let us know if this still occurs)
4. Changed: Pix01 code seperated from the create web gallery dialog.  (Should be less unusual behavior.)
5. New: Pix01 progress status in an action window.
6. Fixed: Some additional Pix01 failure modes are caught.
7. Fixed: Library panes based on dates didn't work properly with some date-style fields.
8. NEW: Revised Web Media view (initial version).
9. Changed: Web or Ftp Server re-added to the right click->Send to->Email/web menu.
10. Fixed: Some mms:// streams would not play properly.
11. Fixed: Streaming servers that didn't support the "HEAD" command could fail to play properly.
12. Fixed: Stopping playback during buffered streaming could take longer than expected.

12.0.186 (03/05/07)

1. Changed: More tweaks in digital TV recording, to better handle badly behaving decoders.
2. Fixed: Playlist groups like "My Playlists" could include files from other playlist groups that started with the same name.
3. Fixed: The program would not be very responsive when evaluating the files for a playlist group in the background.
4. Fixed: In view schemes based on playlist groups, tagging mode did not work properly.
5. Fixed: The volume slider during video playback could control the soundcard in some cases.
6. Changed: Skinning engine works more nicely with OpenGL windows like G-Force. (fixes Theater View + G-Force crash)
7. Fixed: In-place editing in the panes could leave the old name selected after editing.
8. Fixed: With tabs visible, the "Podcasts" view didn't have a menu at the top.
9. Fixed: Tabs could show a drop arrow in views that didn't have a view customization menu.
10. Fixed: The thumbnail size slider could disappear in library views with the tabs visible.
11. Fixed: Phantom borders could appear in lists when using tabs.

12.0.185 (03/02/07)

1. Fixed: Pix01 wasn't resizing large images on upload.
2. Fixed: Pix01 allowed typing in the gallery selection box.
3. Fixed: After creating a new smartlist, the tree won't start in-place editing of the name.
4. Changed: After a Pix01 upload, the created playlist isn't automatically shown in the Action Window.
5. Changed: Pix01 action window blinks when created.
6. Fixed: Pix01 setting conflict with the send to gallery page.

12.0.184 (03/02/07)

1. Changed: Improved messaging when using the "move disk files" option with regards to when and how it messages about removing empty folders.
2. NEW: Sorting in library views is stored in the view scheme search so that there aren't two places to specify sorting. (and so Theater View, UPnP, etc. always use the same sorting)
3. NEW: Panasonic .RAW files should now decode.
4. Fixed: Assorted Pix01 bugs.
5. Changed: Filename sorting now uses the same smart mixed numbers + text sorting that other string sorting uses.
6. Changed: Sorting of children of a view scheme wouldn't always honor the parent's sorting in Theater View.
7. Changed: When creating a new tab, it starts in the location specified in startup options.
8. Changed: Reworked how view tabs look in the Noire skin.
9. Changed: Reworked digtial TV recording code.

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 12.0.189
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 12:49:05 pm »

I'm not sure if this was introduced now or before.... But I came across this while tagging new tunes...

1. If I have the "Lyrics" window open in the "Tags" window (in Action Window) and paste a song's lyrics into it and then go to rate the same song in the Playing Now view, the pasted lyrics disapear and I have to re-pasted them again. While I'm doing this, the song is playing. EDIT: The same behavior happens if I change the "Genre" tag in the Playing Now window instead of the "Rating".

2. Clicking "Lyrics" in the Tag window to open the lyrics take a long time, much longer than in MC 11. Usually 2-3 seconds on my machine.

3. When I close the Lyrics window, the Tag window scrolls back to the top. I have to re-scroll down to get to the next tag after "Lyrics". Should it not return to the same place as before, I.E. where I clicked "Lyrics"? This extra scrolling really slows down the tagging process ;-)

Michel.

Media Center Registered 12.0.189 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1990 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 267 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive H: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-H10A   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive H: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

rjm

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 02:28:21 pm »

Import still reports DVDs have changed when they have not.

simonmason

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 03:47:40 pm »

I am running MC12 on a test machine - not on my media server.  I want to put it on my media server but I don't know what steps I need to do to replace the MC11 version on there and keep all of my settings, library, ir commands, etc.  Can someone post or point me to a quick step by step guide to doing this?  Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 03:53:15 pm »

I am running MC12 on a test machine - not on my media server.  I want to put it on my media server but I don't know what steps I need to do to replace the MC11 version on there and keep all of my settings, library, ir commands, etc.  Can someone post or point me to a quick step by step guide to doing this?  Thanks.

You can install MC 11 and MC 12 on the same machine.  It may be a good way to start.

Backup the library in MC 11 and restore it using MC 12.

You'll need to reconfigure some of your non-library settings.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

simonmason

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 04:08:58 pm »

So I will have to relearn the IR commands in MC12?

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 04:14:39 pm »

This one has been around for a while, but I forgot to report it before....

If I paste text into my custom tag "Bios", the text gets copied to the "Comment" tag also.... Very weird...

Michel.

Pegritz

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 09:21:48 pm »

As with Media Center 12.0.185 and under, everything installs fine but then as soon as I attempt to import ANY files into my library, the program crashes. I have scanned both of my music/video drives for any possible errors, from defragmentation status scans to full-scale disc-surface scans, and the data on the drives seems to be perfectly fine. I can import and play all files in Windows Media Player 11 and WinAmp, too, so I don't *think* the problem is with any of the files themselves.

I have completely uninstalled MC12, rebooted my machine, and reinstalled at least ten times, with the same result every time. At least now the program is only crashing if I attempt to import files; heretofore, it was crashing if I even tried to click on a menu. I have completely updated all of my drivers, and my machine checks out in every possible way *I* can think to analyze it. I simply cannot run MC12 on my machine, and I have no idea why. The *betas* worked fine, but none of the actual release versions have worked at *all*.

Last night, I even rolled back ALL of my audio drivers (the only drivers I've actually had to update for Vista) to their earliest known configuration, the Creative X-Fi beta drivers that I installed the day I first installed Windows Vista. MC12 Beta worked perfectly fine with those drivers...but MC12.0.189 crashed the second I tried to import anything.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 10:13:09 pm »

As with Media Center 12.0.185 and under, everything installs fine but then as soon as I attempt to import ANY files into my library, the program crashes. I have scanned both of my music/video drives for any possible errors, from defragmentation status scans to full-scale disc-surface scans, and the data on the drives seems to be perfectly fine. I can import and play all files in Windows Media Player 11 and WinAmp, too, so I don't *think* the problem is with any of the files themselves.
Try importing a single filetype (MP3, for example) to see if you can find the problem.  It may be just a Directshow filter that's causing the problem.

Please start a new thread to follow up.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 01:19:33 am »

12.0.189 (03/09/07)
8. Changed: More robust DVD graph building to hopefully prevent ActiveMovie windows from popping up.

I'm seeing the magic pink video and a separate ActiveMovie window when I try and play a ripped DVD.

Here's the Filter Graph MC is creating:
Video Renderer
Reclock Audio Renderer
Video Muxing Renderer 9
Color Space Converter
DScaler Audio Decoder
Line 21 Decoder
NVIDIA Video Decoder
DVD Navigator

Where's that extra Video Renderer coming from?

-John

pank2002

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 03:50:14 am »

Feature request: Centralised Podcast Download Status Display. Please see this thread.

Also a way to see all new podcasts -- that is all podcasts that wasn't there the last time MC checked the feeds. This is especially helpful for podcasts which is downloaded manually and feeds which are not updated regularly.

Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 04:20:46 am »

12.0.189 (03/09/07)

1. NEW: New smartlist editing system.

I have a problem with the new smartlist editor:
References to other playlists only appear as playlistid==xxxx. Not very helpful.
Should be like it was before, where the playlistid was resolved to the real playlist-name.

pank2002

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 04:22:48 am »

New Web Medias.

How do I disable the extra web medias? I don't want them and they are just cluttering. What I do want is to be able to add my own radio stations. What is the idea of being able to search for radio stations if you can't save them to the tree? I would be fine if one could add fx Pandora to the tree.

I thought this was kind of funny:
(WMP resting inside MC)

pank2002

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 04:41:16 am »

MC doesn't read this radio station playlist.
http://www.dr.dk/netradio/Metafiler/pls/dr_p3_128.pls

marcusaschneider

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 05:06:28 am »

This has been reported several builds ago. In .185 it had been reported as fixed, but was not. Now it seems back to where it was before .185:

I do a burn of a playlist containing 1200 flac files to data disc, mulitiple disc spanning enabled. Automatic transcoding to mp3 turned on (-V 2 --vbr-new). MC creates the first image, now back to ~830M size.
Do I have ANY chance to test this out without wasting CDRs?

Marcus

JONCAT

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 10:09:21 am »

I get some kind of Action Movie Window cmd prompt that disappears quickly and then a full HOT pink screen with audio. Tried turning off VMR 9 to 7 and got the same thing. (Just noticed the above post)

Turns out the DVD isn't being loaded into full screen:

www.catuccio.net/mc/dvd.jpg

DC

Media Center Registered 12.0.189 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2996 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 607 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-716AL   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive J: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive O:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive H: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 6:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive J: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 6:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Pegritz

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 01:10:32 pm »

Try importing a single filetype (MP3, for example) to see if you can find the problem.  It may be just a Directshow filter that's causing the problem.

Please start a new thread to follow up.

Will do! I'll put it through its paces this evening with a number of individual files and we'll see if anything untoward happens!

Thanks again!  ;D

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 01:35:59 pm »

Please see my last post in this thread  :) http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39300.0
Somethings happened with the way the newer versions handle DirectShow filters, & is causing autoresume to stick.

-Leezer-

JONCAT

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 10:40:53 pm »

"Tabs" are not showing the drop down menu for View Schemes.

DC

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 11:42:15 pm »

Should add "Edit" to right-click context menu for smartlists.

JONCAT

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 11:43:50 pm »

1. Handy to be able to add Playlists into a View Scheme, but the Sequence ordering of the playlists is not maintained. I make mixes in specific orders so this is a problem. Is there a way to maintain the order. A custom tag field probably won't work because the same file could be used in different mixes.

2. "Statistics" is gone. You need to use [Album Artist (Auto) - Album] to recreate what Statistics offered. EDIT - Nope, this doesn't work either. You can add Artist Album (auto) & Album as Panes but can't copy both together. Album Artist (Auto) - Album still gives you multiple listings for each album depending on how many tracks the album has. This isn't useful for copying to a clipboard nor does it report an accurate # of individual albums.

What I am shooting for is a listing of each album with it's respective Album Artist (auto) next to it. The top pane does it right but I can't seem to copy that to the clipboard, only the bottom pane which isn't the same.

Here's the problem:

www.catuccio.net/stats.jpg

Here's what we used to get as an end result:

http://www.catuccio.net/All%20Archived%20Jamaican%20Albums.htm

thanks,
DC

jimn

• World Citizen
  • You are getting sleepy...very sleepy...
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2007, 01:18:31 pm »

New Web Medias.

How do I disable the extra web medias? I don't want them and they are just cluttering. What I do want is to be able to add my own radio stations. What is the idea of being able to search for radio stations if you can't save them to the tree? I would be fine if one could add fx Pandora to the tree.

Selecting which Web Media sites appear is an planned feature. We are also working on being able to add your own sites.

The new Web Media interface is a work in progress. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
JimN

xlrisk

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2007, 01:32:43 pm »

I love the new smartlist wizard. Thus far I noted a couple issues with how the database fields are resolving in the wizard, however:

1- Genre, (other fields too): If I have a playlist with multiple rules and genre "is" is one of those rules, and I select multiple genres and I apply changes, and close the wizard. When I reopen the wizard using "edit", only the first genre is selected and loaded. The multiple genres I selected before are lost, even though they saved and worked to create the playlist. The wizard isn't reloading that full list. This seems to happen with most other fields too.

2- Keywords: In the wizard the Keywords field seems to load up a default list of possible values that do not actually exist in my library (like a hundred of them from 1 to Zoantharians). The list should be of values only in my library, I would think.

Separately, a suggestion on the wizard: If I select a new rule field that has a large number of possible values (say more than 5 or 10) it would be handy to have checkboxes that allowed you to "Select All" and "Select None" of the possible values. So, for example, if I selected Genre for a rule and wanted a playlist with 38 of my 40 genres I could "Select All" and then deselect the two which I didn't want, rather than individually selecting 38 genres.

Thanks as always for the great work and the continual innovation.     

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2007, 07:22:46 pm »

I looked through your song list, Doctor Cilantro, (very quickly) and am saddened to report I didn't recognize a single artist or song...and I "know" songs and artists from close to 15,000 songs.  Unfortunately, a big percentage of my music collection is mainstream..but I definitely have a few lesser known artists.

zecook

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2007, 08:49:03 pm »

As mentioned in MC12 12.0.185 post (and got reply - thank you) the audio/language selection is not available with some DVD in 12.0.189 version either. Right click -> DVD Options -> Language -> {Subtitles; Closed Captions} There is no audio/language selection. I've tried the same DVD with WMP and Cyberlink PowerDVD, they both recognize that there are Audio 1 and Audio 2.

Thanks,
Liem

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2007, 11:11:35 pm »

I'm seeing the magic pink video and a separate ActiveMovie window when I try and play a ripped DVD.

Here's the Filter Graph MC is creating:
Video Renderer
Reclock Audio Renderer
Video Muxing Renderer 9
Color Space Converter
DScaler Audio Decoder
Line 21 Decoder
NVIDIA Video Decoder
DVD Navigator

Where's that extra Video Renderer coming from?

-John

I get some kind of Action Movie Window cmd prompt that disappears quickly and then a full HOT pink screen with audio. Tried turning off VMR 9 to 7 and got the same thing. (Just noticed the above post)

That was a bug.
The change referred to by "8. Changed: More robust DVD graph building to hopefully prevent ActiveMovie windows from popping up." was not in this build. It is fixed in the NEXT build.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 11:20:25 pm »

I removed these:
Code: [Select]
8. Changed: More robust DVD graph building to hopefully prevent ActiveMovie windows from popping up.
9. Changed: Number of input pins on VMR are changed back to 3 in DVD.

from the build history. They will reappear in the next build.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2007, 01:45:04 am »

I've bought this program a few weeks ago and it has some problems.

At first autoimporting files, see: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39282.0

The solution seems far away.

This last version brought me another problem. When I am downloading covers from internet the program stops in a few minutes. It's impossible to finish that action. Can somebody help me with this problem (and I hope for the first problem too)?

MusicHawk

Keyword selection in MC 12.0.189
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2007, 11:37:16 am »

I appreciate the improvements in the keyword selection dialog over the past few releases, so I hate to point out one more (small) problem, but I'm cataloging a huge music library (55K songs) so speed counts.

When selecting Keywords via keyboard by pressing the spacebar (wonderful), there's sometimes a disconcerting freeze. Typically, I open the tag dialog and enter the Keywords field. A checkbox list of existing keywords opens. I jump to a keyword by typing its first letter or two (also wonderful). I press Space to select it. This is all normal.

Then, I type another letter or two to jump to another keyword (normal use of the keywords field is to select several).

What happens next varies, but more often than not, MC freezes for 3 to 5 seconds. Pressing a letter key does nothing. Eventually, MC starts responding and accepts the next letter press and jumps to that keyword. After this one freeze, the Keywords dialog responds promptly while tagging this song. But when I move to the next song it happens again (and again).

The freeze/pause always happens after the FIRST keyword is selected with spacebar, and it always eventually unfreezes.

I'm a fast typist, so maybe I'm overrunning something. Possibly after selecting the first keyword MC enters a processing loop that must finish, and maybe I make it worse by pressing the next key too quickly? But why only after selecting the FIRST keyword?

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

DarkPenguin

Re: Keyword selection in MC 12.0.189
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 11:56:49 am »

I can't duplicate this.  Does it always happen?  Certain files?  Any other info would be great.  A log would be nice.

I appreciate the improvements in the keyword selection dialog over the past few releases, so I hate to point out one more (small) problem, but I'm cataloging a huge music library (55K songs) so speed counts.

When selecting Keywords via keyboard by pressing the spacebar (wonderful), there's sometimes a disconcerting freeze. Typically, I open the tag dialog and enter the Keywords field. A checkbox list of existing keywords opens. I jump to a keyword by typing its first letter or two (also wonderful). I press Space to select it. This is all normal.

Then, I type another letter or two to jump to another keyword (normal use of the keywords field is to select several).

What happens next varies, but more often than not, MC freezes for 3 to 5 seconds. Pressing a letter key does nothing. Eventually, MC starts responding and accepts the next letter press and jumps to that keyword. After this one freeze, the Keywords dialog responds promptly while tagging this song. But when I move to the next song it happens again (and again).

The freeze/pause always happens after the FIRST keyword is selected with spacebar, and it always eventually unfreezes.

I'm a fast typist, so maybe I'm overrunning something. Possibly after selecting the first keyword MC enters a processing loop that must finish, and maybe I make it worse by pressing the next key too quickly? But why only after selecting the FIRST keyword?

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2007, 01:27:26 pm »

The column width for "Image (large thumbnail)" is wrongly calculated - the thumbs are displayed correctly but the column width is 8 times much as the thumbnail width.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2007, 01:41:59 pm »

When saving a current layout twice as e.g. "My View Layout" - you will get two layouts with the same name instead of overwriting the old one.

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2007, 05:21:15 pm »

New smartlist editing = very nice

Right click on 'Playlists' in the Tree > Add smartlist brings up the old smartlist dialogue
As others have said, a right click > edit smartlist option is needed.

Also, many of the options are not fully integrated yet - like for 'sort' I would expect multiple drop down boxes (ascending/descending, by what field, etc). I'm assuming that this is just because it is not fully implemented yet. Either way, please could you make all of the modifiers   as easy to use as, for example, the 'Limit time to' option.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2007, 05:44:47 pm »

Love the TABS
can they PLEASE be made to remember their content between sessions??
. . . the game is rigged

MusicHawk

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2007, 07:09:36 pm »

When saving a current layout twice as e.g. "My View Layout" - you will get two layouts with the same name instead of overwriting the old one.

This has been the behavior with saved views too. Apparently the name isn't how it's really saved, because using the same name again results in two views (and now, layouts) with the same name.

To keep from going crazy, I began adding a date to each save so I know which is newest. For instance, rather than end up with a bunch of things all called My View layout (the one at the bottom is usually the newest, but it's a pain to verify), I name each design save like this: My View Layout 20070312, then My View Layout 20070313.

But this workaround is junking up things. It would be better if this behaved like file saves -- using the same name means overwrite prior version -- because that's what users are used to and probably expect.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2007, 01:09:47 pm »

Love the TABS
can they PLEASE be made to remember their content between sessions??

Yes indeed - I have requested this before and this would be *really* useful.

BB

pepe lopex

• Recent member
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2007, 06:22:44 pm »

MC12 is hung unexpectedly when my iPod of fifth generation is connected. I have proven reinstalling MC and in several systems and happens the same. When iPod is not connected, MC work perfectly. Help me, please!!
MC Spanish personal translation: MC en español: Español (ES) --> http://soporte.proel.net/ftp/jrmediacenter/MClangES.zip

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2007, 02:54:01 am »

New smartlist editing = very nice

Right click on 'Playlists' in the Tree > Add smartlist brings up the old smartlist dialogue
As others have said, a right click > edit smartlist option is needed.

Also, many of the options are not fully integrated yet - like for 'sort' I would expect multiple drop down boxes (ascending/descending, by what field, etc). I'm assuming that this is just because it is not fully implemented yet. Either way, please could you make all of the modifiers   as easy to use as, for example, the 'Limit time to' option.

The new editing system is also missing some required things, such as the being able to select a "playlist" for use in a rule.  "Playlist" is simply missing from the list, and playlists that were referenced when CREATING a smartlist are listed by "id number" rather than by name in the new editor. 

I also prefer being able to see the rules above the main window as we were able to with the previous system.

The JR teams has reported that the new system is in its infancy, and that these issues (and others) are going to be addressed starting next week.

Thanks,

Larry

JONCAT

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2007, 08:36:18 am »

Old bug (.150?) is back with .ape/cue files.

All the tracks are listed including the cue file which is the only one that plays; skip track does nothing.

I'll re-post the details on the old bug when I find it.

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2007, 10:06:54 pm »

Fixed: The program would not be very responsive when evaluating the files for a playlist group in the background.

I am still getting hangups when trying to select playlists. Audio continues and EQs keep pulsing but MC just hangs. Sometimes this happens when switching View Schemes are moving around between sub-schemes; something hangs and MC can't "deal".

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2007, 04:03:36 am »

I have some small .ape files (movie dialogue samples) that are not being analyzed correctly.

They show 0 BPM but do display ReplayGain data, however they are continually in the Queue to be analyzed.

DC

Media Center Registered 12.0.189 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\

AMD Unknown 2982 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 167 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-716AL   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:17  MaxSpeed:17  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive H: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 6:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive J: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 6:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

JONCAT

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2007, 04:08:51 am »

Built a Playlist one month ago.

Found a funny phone message from my uncle, a small wave file, and added this to the playlist to act as the intro to a mix.

Playlist is now empty except for the small .ape file (which with regard to my previous post regarding unanalyzed small files - is analyzed correctly).

BTW - Are you guys testing yet on Vista or 64bit - I am standing to wonder why I seem to be the only one reporting the major hangups with the latest versions of MC. As always this PC is Prime stable and checked with the memtester that Matt rec. here a while back. I have to kill MC at least one a day with MC at 0% cpu so I wouldn't exclude the possibility of some kind of corruption due to this except I haven't really seen much else going south in my library.

DC

AMD Unknown 2982 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 167 MB

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:17  MaxSpeed:17  BurnProof:Yes

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2007, 10:06:56 pm »

It appears that if you have an auto-import set up for a directory that only imports certain file types it prevents you from manually importing files of other types.

My example:
I had an auto-import of M:\Albums set up for only .mp3 and .wma files.  I tried to manually import the Folder.jpg files and they silently failed to import.  Once I added the .jpg file type to the auto-import they imported just fine (which is how I should really have it anyway).

-John

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2007, 06:58:17 am »

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2007, 07:25:27 am »

Just found something interesting:

I just loaded my music on my new Vista box and forced the creation of thumbnails.

While it was creating the thumbnails, I decided to go into theater view to check the weather with the great new plug-in. MC went into Theather view, but the "Building Thumbnails" window was on top of Theater View and I could not click on any of the menu item.

Could not even "Esc" out of the theater view. Since it had 56,000 thumbnails to generate, I had to cancel thumbnail creation before being able to exit theater view.

Michel.

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2007, 08:34:59 am »

Just found something interesting:

I just loaded my music on my new Vista box and forced the creation of thumbnails.

While it was creating the thumbnails, I decided to go into theater view to check the weather with the great new plug-in. MC went into Theather view, but the "Building Thumbnails" window was on top of Theater View and I could not click on any of the menu item.

Could not even "Esc" out of the theater view. Since it had 56,000 thumbnails to generate, I had to cancel thumbnail creation before being able to exit theater view.

Michel.

BTW, the same thing happens when I "Detach" the Track Info display to move it to my second monitor...

Michel.

JONCAT

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2007, 10:06:23 am »

MC won't build thumbs for my card reader anymore. Is this a bug or is there a way to force this?

EDIT - I just tried again and now it works. This hasn't worked for over two weeks for me. I have only 10 files on my SD card. It seems to fail when I have a lot of pictures on this 2GB card.

DC

AMD Unknown 2990 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 492 MB

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2007, 09:03:33 am »

zzoemie

• Recent member
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2007, 04:14:55 pm »

Media center 12 sometimes freezes when updating the librairy or when i a map to the librairy.
PS I have almost 30.000 mp3 files.
Can that be the reason?

Greets

Holmestead222

• Recent member
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2007, 06:50:59 pm »

Still problems with Tags:

I Did Load The MP3 In Note Pad To See If I Could Scan For 1989 But It Did Not Find Anything So It Looks Like A Bug\Problem.

I Think You Should Report It In The Bug Thread, JRiver May Want To Look At The File If They Can Not Reproduce The Problem.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39439.0

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up