INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play FLV files  (Read 2410 times)

JimB

• Recent member
Play FLV files
« on: March 22, 2007, 05:17:12 am »

I've upgraded to mc12 (love it), but can't play flv files. I've associated flv in Tools-Options-File Associations, and from Windows Explorer. If I double-click an flv file however, the MC will open but will not play the file - pressing the Play button will start the previous media file that had been playing last time. Flv files dont appear in the auto-list of video files even thought they are in a specified folder.
Thanks....

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Play FLV files
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 06:32:57 am »

Have you tried playing a YouTube video? It is listed under Video. Please try that and let us know what happens.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 09:19:45 am »

Have you installed the FLV splitter as required?  Yaobing explained the FLV requirements here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39509.msg268940#msg268940 (scroll down a bit)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Matthew

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 10:03:21 am »

Did y'all know when you download of youtube videos "FLV" instead of adding a FLV extension, just name it to .avi instead and it will play anywhere?  ;D

JimB

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 01:44:38 pm »

I hadn't noticed the YouTube listing under video.... Yes it will play from the site.

What I have are flv files that I have captured or picked up from the Internet cache.

And hey, they are playing now whereas they wouldn't yesterday. (I didn't have to install the splitter)

So the only remaining (minor) issue is that the flv files are not appearing in the listings.

Thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 10:17:14 pm »

So the only remaining (minor) issue is that the flv files are not appearing in the listings.

If they play correctly they should import correctly.

JimB

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 12:51:25 am »

Thanks Yaobin, but the situation is that, while they play (by double-clicking from Windows Explorer) they are not listed in MC12 despite running AutoImport. However, if I follow Matthew's suggestion, and rename to AVI, then run AutoImport, they are listed, and played!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 11:53:09 am »

Thanks Yaobin, but the situation is that, while they play (by double-clicking from Windows Explorer) they are not listed in MC12 despite running AutoImport. However, if I follow Matthew's suggestion, and rename to AVI, then run AutoImport, they are listed, and played!

Make sure flv is included as the type to auto import. When you add a folder for auto import, or when you do manual import, you need to specify which media type to import.

You can also select the files in Windows Explorer, and right-click, select "Media Center" -> Import.
Pages: [1]   Go Up