INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "first element in file is not ebml"  (Read 9842 times)

JimB

• Recent member
"first element in file is not ebml"
« on: March 24, 2007, 04:21:37 am »

I get the following error message fairly frequently when viewing a listing... I haven't tracked it down to any particular file(s) yet, and hope that somebody could give some clues about what it means and what to do about it

Thanks.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "first element in file is not ebml"
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 01:24:57 pm »

I think that message is an error in Haali (possibly older versions), that can get generated when MC is doing background thumbnailing.  Do you have Haali Media Splitter, or CCCP, installed, but you're using an older version?

If so, I'd recommend you update your version.  You can also (with versions since last October) turn on an option to suppress error messages in haali.  It's under the Haali Media Splitter Settings tool --> Options tab --> Interface --> Display Error messages.  I think you should probably also make sure you have the newest version though...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JimB

• Recent member
Re: "first element in file is not ebml"
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 03:23:14 pm »

Thank you for these suggestions.

There's a folder c:\windows\system32\haali in my computer. It appears to have been installed about a year ago with a programme called DeskShare Media Converter, which I'm not using at the moment. Apart from that I hadn't heard of Haali before. I have not heard of CCCP and there isn't any sign of it on the computer.

At this moment I can't see how MC would produce the error message in relation to something installed and used by another programme. Does MC use Haali if it's there? I haven't seen the message in any other context.

I would be grateful for any further suggestions as to steps I could take to remove these messages....

Thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up