INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on Import  (Read 1053 times)

davisford

• World Citizen
Question on Import
« on: March 25, 2007, 02:08:19 pm »

Hi, not long ago I upgraded from MC11 -> 12.  I have a method of using MC that goes like this:

1. Drag in new files into Playing Now
2. Tag appropriately and add cover-art
3. Re-name Files from Properties -> moves them to a server shared via CIFS (e.g. Z:\mp3)
4. Run Auto-Import to have MC find the new files

When I do this with MC12, it doesn't seem to find the files on step 4.  So even if I do step 3, and the files get moved to say "Z:\mp3\", and then scan for new files in that dir, it says "imported zero new files" after it scans.

This used to work great in MC11, but somehow it is not the same in MC12. 

On a related note, I recently upgraded the OS, and forgot to backup my MC library.  This is ok for me since I figure I can just rebuild it from the mp3 files themselves.  One of the user fields I use a lot is Label.  I've spent a lot of time looking up the record label for all the albums, and when I did re-import into a new MC library, I see that the Label field is not populated.  I used MC11 exclusively to populate this field.  How can I get it to recognize it?

Thanks in advance,
Davis

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Question on Import
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 02:18:33 pm »

Hi, not long ago I upgraded from MC11 -> 12.  I have a method of using MC that goes like this:

1. Drag in new files into Playing Now
This step won't import the files unless you have MC set to import on playback.  You could drag the files to a location somewhere on the tree.

davisford

• World Citizen
Re: Question on Import
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 03:03:39 pm »

Hi Jim - I know it doesn't import on drag into Playing Now, but I figured if I re-named the files which caused them to move to a file url location where I do keep everything (e.g. Z:\mp3), and then did a re-fresh import on that directory, I figured it would import them.  Is this not the case anymore?

thx,
davis
Pages: [1]   Go Up