INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: video thumbs  (Read 1236 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
video thumbs
« on: March 26, 2007, 05:53:16 am »

small question.  :)
is there a way to change the way the thumbs for video are captured. at this moment half of my videos give a black thumb, because, i guess, that is how the movie starts. is there a way to say that the thumb should be taken from 1 minute after the start. or is that something you can change in the codecs used?

thanks.
gab

modelmaker

Re: video thumbs
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 04:41:58 pm »

Play the video, when you see something you want to use as the thumbnail pause the video. Right click on the image and choose "Use Screen Grab As Thumbnail".   
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 05:17:29 pm »

modelmaker's suggestion is the only option you have for now. If you meant to have a configuration option to set time so automatic thumbnailing would use a different time than what we currently use, that option is not available yet. I think eventually, that is a very indefinite "eventually"  :D, we should add such option.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

gappie

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 05:57:45 pm »

modelmaker's suggestion is the only option you have for now. If you meant to have a configuration option to set time so automatic thumbnailing would use a different time than what we currently use, that option is not available yet. I think eventually, that is a very indefinite "eventually"  :D, we should add such option.

i knew the right click option  :P but i dont like it when i just started to watch a movie, when i have to pause and scroll with my remote through the menu. a pity that there is no mcc command.
i hoped that there was an option in the registry or something that i missed. but 'a very indefinite "eventually" ' i great. and i can stop looking.

thanks

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 11:05:28 pm »

Does this work for wmv files? Because I just tried it, and now the original thumbnail is gone, and in its place I see a default video reel.

I added the screengrab folder in auto-import (it's the path indicated in the 'image' tag of the video file).
I have build missing thumbnails checked.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

gappie

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 05:27:09 am »

Does this work for wmv files? Because I just tried it, and now the original thumbnail is gone, and in its place I see a default video reel.

I added the screengrab folder in auto-import (it's the path indicated in the 'image' tag of the video file).
I have build missing thumbnails checked.

yes i guess it should work. you dont need to let the autoimport point to the screengrabs. im playing my videos now with an other player from inside mc, and i made something that when i make a screengrab with that player it writes the link hard into the image tag. mc builds the thumb then. works even with ifo files.
so be sure you use when rightclicking: use screengrab for thumbnail.
when it does not build: check what is in the imagetag from the video. there should be a link to the file in the screengrap folder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up