INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable Player Suggestions - (Non-Ipod)  (Read 1810 times)

jmmttu77

• Junior Woodchuck
Portable Player Suggestions - (Non-Ipod)
« on: March 27, 2007, 12:22:59 am »

I am in the market for a fairly compact flash based player that is not an Ipod.  The two things I need in the player is (1) compatability with wma files and (2) the ability to do a good job in syncing multiple playlists through JRiver Media Center.

Any suggestions?

johnnyboy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Portable Player Suggestions - (Non-Ipod)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 01:59:52 am »

Sandisk e280 is the one I got my dad - not sure if it supports wma though (eww, cant believe I said that word! ;) lol )

TheLongshot

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 04:59:57 pm »

The e280 definitely supports wma.

Jason

jmmttu77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 08:10:54 pm »

I picked up the Sansa 280R.  Very nice player.  I do need a little help, though. 

In MC's handheld options, I selected the playlists I want to automatically sync with the player.  All songs transferred to the new player nicely.  However, although the songs are now on the player, the playlist (such as "Workout Music Playlist") did not show up in the Sansa player.  Meaning the songs are on the player, but the playlists to identify groups of songs did not transfer.  How do I get the playlists to show up in the player?

It also appears that MC is not able to see any of the music it transfered to the player as well as any of the preloaded music.  What's up with this?

Thanks for any help!

jmmttu77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 10:54:47 pm »

Well, I figured out that I needed to change the mode from Rhapsody to "Plays for Sure" mode in order for it to work with MC.  Playlists now transfer correctly....they transfer slowly, but at least they are there.  MC can also now see all files on the player.  Now I just need to figure out what happened to album art.  When I transfered using Rhapsody mode, the album art showed up correctly in the player...in Plays for Sure Mode, the album art disappeared in the player.  Anyone else have this problem?

TheLongshot

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 12:34:33 am »

Anyone else have this problem?

All the time.  Some suggest to imbed the album art into the MP3s, but that isn't really a solution for me, since I'm transcoding from FLAC.

Jason

jmmttu77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 01:03:25 am »

Most of my music is in wma.  I have album art saved (1) inside each any every song file and (2) inside the album folder (not as a standalone jpg file, instead its somehow embedded in the folder) for windows media player to pick it up correctly.  I am trying a few other options and re-syncing my files to see if I can get the album art to work.  It is very strange that art would show up when syncing in Rhaposody mode, but not in Plays for Sure mode.  Ain't nothin easy these days.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up