INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12 crashing after one succesful launch  (Read 809 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC12 crashing after one succesful launch
« on: March 27, 2007, 12:32:32 pm »

I have MediaCenter120198 installed. I can start it once after installation. When I close it and launch it again I don't even see the program but only a small window saying the application has stopped working. I can install it again, it asks me to reset the three options and it starts again until I close it.

The system is Vista Ultimate x64. Weird thing is it worked good for weeks and started this yesterday with 120186(? I think, older version at least) and I downloaded 120198.

I would appreciate any help in trying to get this resolved.

Thx,
Ingemar.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC12 crashing after one succesful launch
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 12:42:06 pm »

Try uninstalling (and removing registry entries), rebooting, then re-installing.

Try re-installing your license.

Remove all third party plug-ins and programs.  Also visualizations.

Try disabling UAC in Vista.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC12 crashing after one succesful launch
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 12:53:07 pm »

Thanks for your quick response Jim.

UAC is disabled.

I tried the uninstall including registry and library files earlier today, rebooting and reinstalling as the crash window suggests. The problem was still there.

However, I just uninstalled again and noticed the uninstall was done too quick (I confirm and it was supposedly done). The application folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12) and User folder (C:\Users\Ingemar\AppData\Roaming\J River) were not deleted so I deleted them manually before rebooting. I then reinstalled and it seems to be working again, but I also noticed that all my registry had not been removed either (settings were still in place).

So it looks to me like the uninstall for MC12 in Vista is not working properly. Files and registry settings remain in place, or at least a large portion of it.

If there is anything you want me try out Let me know and I'll give it a shot.

Thanks,
Ingemar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up