INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files seem to be hidden in library  (Read 1002 times)

jonty799

Files seem to be hidden in library
« on: March 23, 2007, 12:27:19 pm »

Hi

I have MC 12.0.179 and it seems to have started hiding some of my music files. The files are still in their original location (where they were ripped to), but MC seems to lose 1 or 2 tracks per album (randomly) in the main library view.

Even more curious, if I can find the same track in a playlist, it will still play, but it still doesn't show in library view. I have tried reimporting - no new files found. If I select "Locate" when browsing the playlist it always finds the track in the tree view on the left - so it knows where the file is.

Any ideas why it seems to be "hiding" certain tracks in library view?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Files seem to be hidden in library
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 12:50:25 pm »

It's possible the files are there but are under the wrong media type (can be changed in file properties).

It's also possible you've deleted them and MC is ignoring them on import (normal).  Check import options.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 01:25:50 pm »

Even more curious, if I can find the same track in a playlist, it will still play, but it still doesn't show in library view. I have tried reimporting - no new files found. If I select "Locate" when browsing the playlist it always finds the track in the tree view on the left - so it knows where the file is.

Any ideas why it seems to be "hiding" certain tracks in library view?

JimH's idea is a good one.  You might also have a filter in the View Scheme that is blocking them out (check Step 4 in the edit view scheme dialog).

Another possibility is that you somehow accidentally deleted them from the library.  MC12's import routine includes the option (selected by default) to "Ignore files previously deleted from library".  That means that the files won't re-import even if you scan the folder manually.

Playlists generally point to the actual files on disk, so they might still show the files, even if they aren't in the library.

To disable the "Ignore files" option, you need to go to Tools --> Auto Import Options and then "edit" each of the individual folders you have listed in the folder list and uncheck the appropriate box.  This option is saved on a per-folder basis.

EDIT: Looks like Jim mentioned this possibility too... Oops!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jonty799

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 08:54:59 am »

Thanks for these thoughts - but still no further forward.

The files are MP3s, and only 3 tracks out of 21 on the album have disappeared. My view options are set to "audio" - and the rest of the album is displayed normally. Have tried reimporting with "ignore files prev deleted" box unticked - doesn't find any new files.

Have also checked the properties and the tags - they are all appropriate (and the same as the other tracks off the same album that display normally).

Is it possible to have songs in a playlist that aren't in the library?

Any other thoughts?

Pages: [1]   Go Up