INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Recording Crash  (Read 1000 times)

FireX

• Recent member
TV Recording Crash
« on: March 30, 2007, 05:50:42 pm »

Hello! I have reinstalled JR Media Center on a recently installed Windows XP Media Center Edition. Today I have tried to record tv. I right click, and click "Start Recording". It starts recording. As soon as I click "Stop Recording", I get a generic windows error message (Would you like to send a report to microsoft?), and media center closes. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

My specs

Pentium D 2.86 ghz
2 GB Ram
250 Gig HDD (103 Gigs Free)
Windows XP Media Center Edition
Hauppauge 150MCE PVR

Thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV Recording Crash
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 06:06:39 pm »

Email me a log file.

yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 03:59:16 pm »

Thanks for the log files.

It appears that the crash occurred when MC was trying to import the recorded file.

Try browsing to the folder the TV recording files are, and right-click and select "Media Center" -> Import. Also try selecting "Media Center" -> Play to play it directly. Are you able to do either of these?

I am guessing you do not have needed video decoder filters. To find out where to get decoder filters, read this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39509.msg268940#msg268940

Since the TV recordings in question are in MPEG-2 format, the relevant section to read is the DVD section.

FireX

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 12:52:41 am »

Thank you very much for your help. In MC when I play the file all I hear is the audio, but no video. On the video screen I see the MC logo. I am however able to play the file in Nero Showtime and Windows Media Player 10. I think you are correct to say that I do not have the right decoder. I will get one soon. I know Nero Showtime has an MPEG2 decoder (is it Decoder or Codec?), and windows media player has it by default since it is part of windows XP MCE. Anyways the recorded files do not seem to be affected so I am happy. Thank you very much for your help! Keep up the good work! Once I install a suitable decoder (probably from the klite codec pack) if I still have problems I will let you know.

Again many thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 09:19:01 am »

Thank you very much for your help. In MC when I play the file all I hear is the audio, but no video. On the video screen I see the MC logo. I am however able to play the file in Nero Showtime and Windows Media Player 10. I think you are correct to say that I do not have the right decoder. I will get one soon. I know Nero Showtime has an MPEG2 decoder (is it Decoder or Codec?), and windows media player has it by default since it is part of windows XP MCE. Anyways the recorded files do not seem to be affected so I am happy. Thank you very much for your help! Keep up the good work! Once I install a suitable decoder (probably from the klite codec pack) if I still have problems I will let you know.

Again many thanks!

Or, you do have certain decoders but they do not work well with our thumbnail building process. Nero filters are known to give trouble in MC :(. Installing additional decoders likely will help.

You can try opening up Tools -> Options -> Playback -> DirectShow playback Settings... Select mpg from the list on the right (making sure the checkbox next to mpg is checked), and click Select Filters. When the filter selection window comes up, take a look of the list on the right. If you recognize an MPEG-2 decoder that is not Nero, try selecting it and see if it makes any difference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up