INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: directshow filter installation required  (Read 1111 times)

surfstu

• Recent member
directshow filter installation required
« on: April 05, 2007, 04:18:07 am »

many of my tracks are have trouble being looked up in the YADB for track info.... i keep getting a message requiring me to install direct show filters? they are mainly .m4a files, does anyone know what is going on here? the tracks play fine, i just can't get cover art or some info for them.... cheers stu
i have already enabled all filetypes in the directshow setting under tools, options, playback...still no joy.

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Mouse driver wasn't found, right click to continue
Re: directshow filter installation required
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 06:00:20 am »

I don't want to say something wrong, but I think it the problem lies in the yadb search. I think it works so: A few seconds of the track get scanned and then Mc12 builds with an algorithm a number which shows the unique fingerprint of this song. and the search needs this number. Maybe Mc12 has problems with playing .m4a files intern. So it can't build the number, which is needed for the search. But it's only a newbie opinion.

But a thing I wondering about: The should be already tagged.... I mean itunes has it's own database lookup and the songs are already tagged....
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
-- Albert Einstein

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 09:52:07 am »

Do the songs play properly?

If not... You probably need the appropriate DirectShow filters for AAC/MP4 playback installed.  Check Yaobing's DirectShow FAQ here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39509.0

You'll also need to go to Options --> Playback --> DirectShow Playback Settings and check the box for M4A under DirectShow Filters.  Alternatively, if you uncheck that box, and you have Quicktime Player from Apple installed, MC will use Quicktime's engine to handle the M4A file decoding.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Mouse driver wasn't found, right click to continue
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 11:01:25 am »

gylnor, is it right what I said above.... because I don't want to live in a wrong faith
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
-- Albert Einstein

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 11:24:01 am »

I'm honestly not sure how the YADB search works.  I used to assume that it used a standard hash-based file fingerprint (exactly how you described essentially), but recently a discussion on here with the developers led me to believe that the system is quite a bit more complicated than that.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up