INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need Help with chrashed lib please  (Read 840 times)

yooz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • **sorry 'bout my baaaad english knowledge**
I need Help with chrashed lib please
« on: April 03, 2007, 10:08:47 am »

Hello Poweruser,

I have a little Problem with a special lib I made for my audiobooks...to sort them I created user defined lib fields like "Label" and "serie" etc.
I thought that if I put something in, that MC would write this in special therfore created tags...now my computer crashed and I reinstalled everything,
created the fields again and NOTHING everything is empty ?!
Is there a program capable of looking into mp3 files if there are "special" tags...cause I'm not shure how the name of the user defined fields were...like serie or serien or series ?
Maybe thats the problem?

thx Yooz

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: I need Help with chrashed lib please
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 11:16:28 am »

MC would only write your custom tags to the file if you specifically requested it to do so. The setting is found at "Tools > Options > Library and Folders > User fields"
You select a field from the list and then select edit from the given choices. The self-explanatory tickbox can be found in the resulting dialogue box.

If you never performed these steps, then it's unlikely the tags will saved in your mp3 files.

You can use MC to view all of the tags saved inside a file.
Select one.
Open the tag window.
Click on the 'Format' tag.
What you see now is a read-only list of all tags contained in the file.

If the tags are not saved in the files, and you do not have access to old library backups, then Im afraid you have no option than to start over again from scratch.

-marko.

yooz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • **sorry 'bout my baaaad english knowledge**
Re: I need Help with chrashed lib please
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 05:04:04 pm »

Argh......thx...haven't seen this tickbox..so now this information is definetly lost
Pages: [1]   Go Up