INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11 -- Can't Rip, Can't connect to server for updates  (Read 1832 times)

dean101

• nothing more to say...

I have Media Center 11 -- which was working fine until last week.  Last week I tried to rip a couple of CD's and the rip's failed (reason unknown).  So I uninstalled MC 11 and reinstalled it.  Still won't rip a CD, and when I try to ensure I have the latest updates I get the message that MC 11 failed to connect to a server -- again reason unknown.

How can I get a good working copy of MC 11 back....

tks

Dean

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 11 -- Can't Rip, Can't connect to server for updates
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 07:22:01 pm »

It could be a problem with the drive or even the CD.  Did you install any other software at the time it stopped working?

dean101

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 03:57:42 pm »

No new software installed. And the CD and CD Player work with Windows Media Player (WMP 11)? 

I did a registry cleanup, and its possible something got deleted during the cleanup.

How do I connect to the server to ensure I have the latest update.  I reinstalled my original download dated 6/2005?

tks

Dean

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 01:38:37 pm »

I have Media Center 11 -- which was working fine until last week.  Last week I tried to rip a couple of CD's and the rip's failed (reason unknown).  So I uninstalled MC 11 and reinstalled it.  Still won't rip a CD, and when I try to ensure I have the latest updates I get the message that MC 11 failed to connect to a server -- again reason unknown.

How can I get a good working copy of MC 11 back....

tks

Dean
Maybe it's your firewall.  When you apply a new version, your firewall has to be configured for it.  Most firewalls do this automatically, some are more troublesome.  When I do a version up, the firewall configures itself for the main program.  I then check for updates, and my firewall configures that part. 

You can verify if this is the issue by temporarily turning of the firewall and checking for updates.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 04:47:21 pm »

well it may depend what version of MC11 he has installed, if it is not the latest it may be looking in a old location.

The latest MC11 version from the MC website may need to be downloaded manualy.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up