INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few suggestions for the next updates  (Read 846 times)

Eles

• Recent member
A few suggestions for the next updates
« on: April 06, 2007, 04:42:49 pm »

This software is excellent. Its audio managment seems to be perfect (at least for me),
but I have a few suggestions for video section.
Semi-auto downloading of covers and basic info from IMDb, amazon or another server for movies would be very nice.
And then I would be interested in collapse items in library. If you are confused what I mean, let me explain it (my word pool is poor) :)
For example some TV series consists of 50 files. Theire names are xxxxx-s01e01.avi - xxxxx-s03e15.
MC finds them and adds in library. But it would be nice if they would exist there as one item xxxxx, which could be expanded after click in all 50.
Same situation with 2CDs rips.
Maybe the best solution would be add a new function so after manual selecting of all parts of TVseries or whatever - just right click -> select library tools -> and select that new function. And everything would collapse under first item in alphabet. Is it possible?

PS.: I haven't found any "suggestions" topic so I made a new one. If it's wrong then please, someone competent, move it in the right section.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: A few suggestions for the next updates
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 08:36:56 am »

And then I would be interested in collapse items in library. If you are confused what I mean, let me explain it (my word pool is poor) 
For example some TV series consists of 50 files. Theire names are xxxxx-s01e01.avi - xxxxx-s03e15.
MC finds them and adds in library. But it would be nice if they would exist there as one item xxxxx, which could be expanded after click in all 50.
Same situation with 2CDs rips.
i think i understand what you mean.
this is all there. but you have to find your own way to organise it.
for instance the the 2 cd rips.
look at the tags. there is a tag called disc#. for the songs from the first cd set this to disc# 1, for the second disc# 2. now make the album name the same for both. and there is your doubld cd as one record.

for the television series. one thing you can do is : go to the tag series and give it the name from the serie. under video you can make a view that only shows your series, with first the serie as a whole and then the separate parts. i made an user library field (under options>library and folders) named dvd cat. these are youre own tags. and i have made my own categoties. series, films, documentries, concerts etc. and those have there own views.

there is a lot you can do in the library. and this is imo one of the best parts of mc12. the main reason why i use it.

Eles

• Recent member
Re: A few suggestions for the next updates
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 10:57:12 am »

You're right. Thanks. It's all about tags. :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up