INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Losing file association settings in Vista  (Read 906 times)

RawbCahn

Losing file association settings in Vista
« on: April 06, 2007, 03:13:09 am »

Hi,

I running MC 12.0.198 in Vista Home Premium and I'm constantly losing my associations. I literally lose them the second I close the settings dialog box. If I go back to it two seconds after setting them and pressing OK they're back to the defaults. I might as well be pressing cancel everytime (which I'm not btw). I had this problem last week with an install of Home Basic but it just fixed itself and I figured I was imagining it or something. I had to reformat yesterday due to some driver problems while upgrading Windows and am now working on a day old install of Vista.

Does anyone have any fixes for this?

Thanks a lot.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Losing file association settings in Vista
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 07:45:23 am »

Please try the latest build from the top of this board.  We've been fixing some Vista problems, but I don't remember hearing of that one.  It's worth trying the update though.

My first thought was that maybe it's related to user accounts.

You're not running as a client on Library Server are you? 

RawbCahn

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 10:46:15 am »

I'm not. I downloaded the update and things seem OK thus far. I haven't rebooted because I'm in the middle of something but at least the associations are surviving a restart of the app itself.

Thanks for the reply.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 02:29:28 pm »

UAC puts the kibosh on File associations.  So you need to do them through the os.  (Open with ...  always use this program.)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 10:06:49 pm »

You could also run MC as administrator by right-clicking the shortcut.  Then you should be able to set associations. (otherwise Vista will pretend it's working to MC, but not actually save the associations)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up