INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linux or not Linux....  (Read 724 times)

yannl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • :-)
Linux or not Linux....
« on: August 27, 2002, 02:34:48 am »

Hi folks,
Long time ago, I heard about a project to port your incredible Media Jukebox to Linux.
I think it's time now !
The Linux community is growing up very, very quickly, and... they have nothing I could compare to your software.
My laptop is now running under Linux, and... it's supposed to be my Jukebox machine, linked via samba to my FAT32 partition on my Windows server. Unfortunately... a good MP3 music manager do not exist... I guess it's because Pingu is waiting for you guys. And trying to find music in my thousands of files is quiet difficult nowadays...
Please, release, at least, an alpha version. I'd love to track bugs !

Thanks in advance
Yann L<br>________________________<br><br>Dans la vie, il faut faire comme le canard;<br>Etre calme en surface et pédaler comme un fou en profondeur (

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
RE:Linux or not Linux....
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2002, 03:23:50 am »

Also discussed on the AVS Linux HTPC forum and we are ready and willing...

Problem is of course JRiver needs to see $$ returned on hours spent coded... It wont be GPL'ed and that will make some linux users complain... Also market size and all that...

Me I am ready and waiting... And as soon as MS pulls a fast one with some of these 'auto downloadble' upgrades that the SP1 EULA has slipped passed us and DRM starts to really happen the stampede will happen...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  
Pages: [1]   Go Up