INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moved files, library doubled  (Read 1211 times)

AustinBike

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Moved files, library doubled
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:34:46 pm »

Doh! I have ~40K songs on my server.  Did some spring cleaning and moved the files around on my hard drives, moving them over to another drive with more space.  Now all of the links in MC are broken.

In 11 I would just import the new folder and it would fix all the links.  Now, however, I have 80K songs in my library, half have broken links. 

What did I do wrong?  I am going to reload an older library database and start over, what do I need to do?  Also, if I can do it without changing the "date imported" date, that would be great.

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Moved files, library doubled
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 09:27:53 pm »

With that much of a change, I personally would just start over with a fresh database and re-import everything.  Otherwise, MC might store all those past links and such, cluttering up the database.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: Moved files, library doubled
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 10:34:24 pm »

Doh! I have ~40K songs on my server.  Did some spring cleaning and moved the files around on my hard drives, moving them over to another drive with more space.  Now all of the links in MC are broken.

In 11 I would just import the new folder and it would fix all the links.  Now, however, I have 80K songs in my library, half have broken links. 

What did I do wrong?  I am going to reload an older library database and start over, what do I need to do?  Also, if I can do it without changing the "date imported" date, that would be great.

I would:
1) Turn Auto Import Off
2) Go to a backup
3) Manually Run Auto Import

Pages: [1]   Go Up