INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with ogg files  (Read 1468 times)

Xavin

Problem with ogg files
« on: August 26, 2002, 07:50:06 pm »

I just downloaded MJ to try it out after hearing about it, but I have run into a pretty critical showstopper. When scanning for media, the program crashes whenever it finds an ogg file. It also crashes whenever I try and open an ogg file. What's the deal here?

ChicoSelfs

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Problem with ogg files
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2002, 02:47:33 am »

Don't really know i have near 300 files in ogg and don't have that problem, what is your version of MJ?
Made in Portugal

Artzie

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2002, 05:03:28 am »

Hi!
Neather I have problem with "ogg" and I have 3000 of them. Stupid question, but do you have accosiated to ogg. Anyway Ogg is splendid so try to work it out!

God luck

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2002, 06:08:40 am »

Try MJ/Help/Check for updates to make sure you have the latest ogg decoder plug-in.

Reboot?  Reinstall?

Ogg should work fine.  We have lots of users who use ogg.

What program did you use to encode them?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Xavin

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2002, 04:43:39 pm »

MJ version 8.0.348
Ogg Plug-in version 2.0.42
I have a lot of ogg files, most of them encoded with vorbis tools RC3, but I just encoded one with 1.0 to test and it still crashes MJ.

roving cowboy

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2002, 07:21:28 pm »

the trouble is  that you have them associated with some other player and not mj.  you can or could have them on two players but not sure if you are able to with the newer version or with winxp

ogg is a great file format.  i also have hundreds of them.  

roving cowboy

Xavin

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2002, 05:07:34 pm »

I don't see what file associations would have to do with this, but I tried associating ogg with MJ anyway. This didn't change anything, it still crashes every time it looks at an ogg file. Someone else has to have seen this before.

sessamoid

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2002, 05:51:35 pm »

Sorry, WFM on current version with my collection of several thousand ogg files. Not sure what your problem is. Does it crash if you try to import just one directory or one file?

roving cowboy

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2002, 10:06:41 pm »

you could have a bad download of the ogg plug in go to the plugins page here and redownload it.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2002, 05:48:29 am »

My bet is that the tagging on the ogg is incorrect / corrupt. When I first started using EAC I had it add tags directly which MJ wouldn't play (or even import) - it didn't crash though. Solution in EAC was to use external encoder and have tag info added at the command line.

Check your ogg's w/ WinVorbis (which can edit tags). As a test convert a wav to ogg and fill out tag info. Put this file in a temp directory and try to import it into MJ.

Xenno

joe|PLS|mama

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2002, 11:59:50 am »

Yeah, check out your tags.  OGG uses its own tagging system, it does not support ID3 tags.  If you are ripping and encoding with EAC, you have to make sure you have it set not to add both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags.  Also, don't add ID3 to any existing OGGs.

Rob

Listening to: 'New Love' from 'High Priority' by 'Cherrelle' on Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up