INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Im fairly new, Video is really dark on mc 11  (Read 2262 times)

pyro675

Im fairly new, Video is really dark on mc 11
« on: April 11, 2007, 01:29:52 am »

So, I have some video that is dark on playback.  When I play it in just mediaplayer 10, the video is very vivid, and looks fine.  But back in mediacenter its way to dark.  Some video plays fine, looks fine.  But some of it is just way to dark.  Ive tried adjusting the settings for all of my players, but nothing seems to work.  Any suggestions?  Guys, I really appreciate the help.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Im fairly new, Video is really dark on mc 11
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 10:58:19 am »

Do you know what type of Video file it is?

I specifically need to know the codec used to compress the video file, not just it's file type (which is fairly useless).  If you don't know, you can use the program G-Spot to open the file and get all kinds of info on the "innards" of the video file.  Search these forums for "G-Spot" and my username and you'll find all kinds of info on it.

You may also want to search for CCCP while you're at it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

pyro675

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 07:57:06 pm »

Its compressed originally with xvid, Knots says that I have three codecs available to decode (divx, xvid, 3vix) I don't want to uninstall my codec pack, I really like it.  It seems to work fine with all of my other videos, and other media player programs.  Just not on my big screen with jriver.  If I can't get it to play lighter, maybe Ill try CCCP.  My question is though, doesnt jriver just "borrow" media player to play the videos?  so if it plays fine in media player, why not jriver?

Thanks for all of the help, I really appreciate people in forums that dont act like complete snobs to newbs.

modelmaker

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 01:46:18 pm »

If you mean, does MC borrow Windows Media Player to play videos? The answer is a definite no. MC does use the WMP codec pack, but not the player itself.

BTW, if you purchased MC 11.1 after Sept/Oct - '06 you can upgrade to MC12 for free, (before that there is a discounted upgrade fee). MC12 has many, many video improvements, try the 30-day free trial.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

fwhoch

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 01:41:22 pm »

I just started having the same problem, Ive got ffdshow installed and both media player and Media Center use ffdshow as a codec.

Now for some reason when I play avi (avi, dixv and xvid) on WMP it extremley dark, and only sometimes on MC. On WMP i havent found a solution.  On MC I have to change to theater view and back to display a couple of times in order to get the brightness back to normal.

Ive uninstalled ffdshow a couple of times, Ive also uninstalled WM 11 codec.  Ive tried other codecs like just divx, and cccp.  and the problem is excactly the same, so its not the codecs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 06:51:21 am »

If you mean, does MC borrow Windows Media Player to play videos? The answer is a definite no. MC does use the WMP codec pack, but not the player itself.
MC can use the WMP control for playback if you specifically ask it to under Options/Playback/Video.  It's a check box at the top of the DirectShow page.
Pages: [1]   Go Up