INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YouTube FLV issues in Playing Now  (Read 1159 times)

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
YouTube FLV issues in Playing Now
« on: April 15, 2007, 10:09:39 pm »

I have been having a lot of trouble playing Video files (.FLV) downloaded from YouTube.  I love this new feature but, I have been having lots of crashes when trying to play the FLV files, especially when adding Vids to Playing Now.  Sometimes the files are just skipped over and ignored.  Sometimes they play fine and sometimes it completely crashes MC.  It's weird because if I just play a Vid by double clicking on it, it usually plays fine but, if I add it as next to play in playng now the above occurs.  Sometimes, if I add 2 vids as next to play the first one is skipped and the second one plays just fine.  I have been having these issues pretty much since the YouTube feature was introduced (back in build.198 or so, I think.)  I am currently using build 207 on a brand new Windows Vista machine (but, I was having the same problems on my old WnXP machine, too).  The problem seems to have something to do with ths ffshow Directshow codecs.  I have tried to fix the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling and reconfiguring the ffshow codecs.  I also installed the CCCP codec pack recommended by Glynor and Yaobing.  This does seem to make Video playing more stable.  At least I have less crashes.  but, MC is just as likely to skip over a Vid/FLV file in Playing Now.  Isn't anyone else having these issue?  Does anyone have a fix.  Thanks, in advance for any help.

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
Re: YouTube FLV issues in Playing Now
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 11:53:52 am »

Really?  NO one else is having issues like this?  If I am the only one, can someone suggest why I would be having this problem.  I seems like it would be really cool to be able to create a playlist with both vids and audio and play them at a party.  Vids could alternate with the g-force (or, other visualizations - I have tried several others and still have the issues) but, I can't seem to make this happen.  Either the vids get skipped or, MC crashes.  Perhaps it might have something to do with Album Cover Art.  I don't know.  Help!  Anybody?

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 01:00:51 pm »

It could be due to Directshow filters issues. Search for Directshow in the FAQ thread (at the bottom of the FAQ).

Osho

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 03:20:05 pm »

Part of your description match a problem we recently solved.

When you add videos to Playing Now, are there audio tracks in it too? Do the skippings happen to videos that are immediately after an audio track?

If the answer is yes, most likely it is fixed in a newer release.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 08:24:59 pm »

Sweet!.  This is exactly what is happening.  It always occurs after an audio track.  So glad to hear it will soon be fixed.  Thanks Yaobing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up