INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will there be a stable version this year !!!!  (Read 1054 times)

Tuur

Will there be a stable version this year !!!!
« on: August 26, 2002, 02:36:00 pm »

After downloading (i do not know how many anymore) version after version it still is a very buggy programm.

PLEASE MAKE SOMETHING THATS STABLE AND DOES NOT INTERFEAR WITH OTHER PROGRAMS.

Tuur

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
RE:Will there be a stable version this year !!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2002, 02:40:21 pm »

Hi - I'm using v.348 - that last non-beta version released and it very stable and trouble-free on my system. If you have a problem with this version post what the problem is, your system info and we'll try to help!
Namaste,
John

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2002, 02:41:33 pm »

I know that something that doesn't work the way it's supposed to is extremely frustrating but if you would be specific, there might be someone here who knows how to fix your problems.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele1

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2002, 02:55:20 pm »

THEY WILL NEVER PUT A STABLE VERSION OUT

If yes ,no raison to log in this place.
AND THIS WE CANNOT

Do a program who interfear with other his a program who scares Outlokk,Notepad and so on?

joe|PLS|mama

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2002, 07:29:29 pm »

MJ really is the best program for managing large collections of digital audio and I certainly won't go back to Winamp or Musicmatch, but out of all the software on my Dell WIN98se system it is the most unstable and crash-prone.  Whether this is really a Windows problem or an MJ problem, I don't know.  My friends keep telling me upgrading to XP will alleviate a lot stability problems.  I guess I'll get around to it one day.

Rob

Listening to: '1951/What About The Boy' from 'Soundtrack: Tommy' by 'Ann-Margret & Oliver Reed' on Media Jukebox

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.348
Install Path: C:\Program Files\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium III 730 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 133 MB
Resource Info: System - 44 %, GDI - 59 %, User - 44 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

JimHus

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2002, 07:33:23 pm »

You really need to check your drivers. I've run MJ non-stop for several months and very, very rarely have any problems. CD's and Sound cards are often a source of driver problems, and MJ necessarily gets to deal with both.

If you are using it in a way it's unstable, then give them some specifics to look at. Describe the problem and what you were doing when it happened.

JimHus

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2002, 07:41:10 pm »

zevele - I missed your post earlier.

I now have Coke spewed on my monitor, TYVM.

More than worth it.

sekim

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2002, 12:00:34 am »

Had 98SE not long ago. Went to XP. No more nasty habits, MJ included. Worth it to upgrade.

joe|PLS|mama

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2002, 12:32:23 am »

Thanks Jim,

Of course, I should have given an example or two, but it just seems to happen so randomly sometimes, it's hard to recall what I was doing at the time.  Also, I am assuming that a lot of the issues are probably specific to my system, which is why I don't always post them.  For example, I seemed to be the only one who was having Replay Gain crashing specifically only on MPC files (BTW that seems to have stopped after I updated to 348).  Another example of one I get a lot:  I click on the Options button on the Toolbar. I look at different settings, maybe make some changes, maybe not, click OK or CANCEL on the Options dialog...crash.  The other day I was converting about 8 APE files to OGG, it would decode the first file and as soon as it started to do the OGG encoding...crash.  I had to restart my system 3 or 4 times before it would convert the list without crashing.

I have all of the latest drivers for my 2 year old Dell system: dvd-rom (NEC DV-5700A has not had a driver update since I bought the computer 2 years ago), cd-rw (Plextor Plexwriter 12/10/32A firmware 1.10), video card (NVidia Geforce 256 driver 4.13.01.2832 dated 4-4-2002) and  both sound cards (Turtle Beach Montego II which Dell no longer lists on their site and the TB site says to go to Dell for updated drivers.  Echo Digital Audio MIA card with 6.04 drivers which MJ doesn't seem to recognize as a Recording Device).  Are there any known software conflicts?  I have a lot of stuff installed on my system...I'll check the FAQ.

"If you are using it in a way it's unstable..."

Not really sure what you mean by that, but I rarely use any of the "advanced" features.  I almost exclusivley use MJ for file organizing, tagging and playback only.  I very rarely use it for ripping, encoding, converting, sound editing, burning.

Anyway, I'll gladly accept any and all suggestions.  Thanks for your help.

Rob

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.348
Install Path: C:\Program Files\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium III 730 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 133 MB
Resource Info: System - 44 %, GDI - 59 %, User - 44 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2002, 06:44:15 am »

I've noticed in a lot of bug reports that MJ seems to have some problems with 98SE. Not sure what's up there...

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2002, 07:01:07 am »

98SE has a lot of problems with 98SE.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up