INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD burn - "not enough free disc space" message  (Read 1981 times)

ginty32

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I guess after 8 years I could type something.
CD burn - "not enough free disc space" message
« on: April 17, 2007, 11:03:32 pm »

I've just moved to MC 12 from 11 and love the fact I can now queue multilple discs.  After burning several times, I now get a message that reads "There is not enough free disc space to do the conversions prior to burning.  Your temp music disc has 0 bytes free and you need 0 bytes to convert all tracks.  Either Free up Disc space or change your temp music directory to a disc with more space." 

I still get the message after I've tried the following:  Changed temp file location to another folder, ran a disc cleanup and went from 2.97G to 3.49G free, and rand a msconfig to keep programs from starting.  I've restarted the computer a few times for changes to take effect.  I still get the message.  Is this problem my computer of MC 12.

Cheers,

Ginty

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: CD burn - "not enough free disc space" message
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 01:31:19 am »

Do you have multiple hard drives?  Perhaps MC is placing temp files on a different one that you're clearing?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: CD burn - "not enough free disc space" message
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 03:44:12 pm »

I fixed a bug that was causing the "you need 0 bytes to convert all tracks" part of the message. However, I'm still not sure why you're getting the "0 bytes free" part. Are you running Vista? Where is your temp directory located? Does this only occur during a multi-disc burn operation, or does it happen every time?
Please try the next build to see if it works better.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up