INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Idea (not *exactly* a request)...  (Read 645 times)

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
Feature Idea (not *exactly* a request)...
« on: April 18, 2007, 09:53:07 am »

OK, scenario goes something along the lines of:

I'm browsing my media library, cleaning tags etc, looking at my view scheme which resembles:
  • MyMediaType - MyMediaSubtype - Composer - Album

which results in something along the lines of...
  • Classical - Symphony - Beethoven - Karajan, 5th & 7th

Now, I was retagging the 'MyMediaSubType' and, just through natural reaction, went to right click on the Album column to select 'Show all by same xxxx' (where xxxx in this example would be Album). This would appear to have no value, until you realise the Album was the only correct tag across the album, and would have made the selection of the album sooooo much easier.

Of course I realise I can do this by either selecting "All - All - All - Karajan, 5th & 7th", or with another viewscheme, but it seems that it would be useful to just be able to 'grab' the whole album without having to jump around quite so much. Ideally, all MC would do is set the current selection of the view scheme to resemble "All - All - All - Karajan, 5th & 7th".... but then thinkiking about it, that wouldn't work if I selected 'Show all by same ARTIST', when artist doesn't appear in the view scheme...

As I say, not necessarily a feature request, but possibly a nice little enhancement, that may bear discussing or ignoring....

Cheers,
C.
Pages: [1]   Go Up