INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: web media. have read all the help files.confused on adding stations!?  (Read 1643 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

few questions. that i'm not clear about
webmedia...
in media center under player controls i have media mode buttons audio, image, video next to each of them is a littledown arrow if i click that it brings up webmedia
in audio it shows web media, web favorites(which i cant do anything in there or to it... tried right clicking no options. then shoutcast, soma fm,and publicradio fan.
How can i add my favorite radio stations? i live in mn and my 4 favorite radio stations are 92kqrs, rockin 101.7, 93x, and jack fm 104.1
when i goto 92 kqrs for example they have an option to listen now which is live fm radio streamed over the internet but when i click on it. it opens  a popup, and i have to sign up to listen to it, and in the popup is a media player\windows media player. how do i add the stations url to media center to stream there station?

in images webmedia, web favorites(again i cant do anything there. tried right clicking no options) and also offers google images.
Is it possible to add my favorite image websites in there? i'd like to add(so i can view the websites from within media center) www.deviantart.com, and www.webshots.com.

also is these web media modes under audio\images\video media mode. is it possible to delete the view you dont want? example in images media mode i'd just want web favoritesand in that deviant art's website and webshots website. and would like to delete the webmedia google images that i see. tried right clicking it to choose delete but no options to do anything with it. not possible?

and last but not least cant figure out how to make web media options available in my playlists? i made a webmedia playlist group then made 3 web media playlists... images graphics, radio stations, and video stations. but after right clicking them i can see how or where i would add a url?

Maybe i'm confussed on the proper way to use webmedia and everything ive tried isnt possible?
thank you.

robydago

Re: web media. have read all the help files.confused on adding stations!?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:11:08 am »

in audio it shows web media, web favorites(which i cant do anything in there or to it... tried right clicking no options. then shoutcast, soma fm,and publicradio fan.
How can i add my favorite radio stations?

I can add stations from PublicRadioFan.com for example by just clicking on one of the radio listed (or the small stream type icons next to them) and choosing what to do in the MC dialg box that pops up automatically:
- Play radio stream
- Add URL to Web Favorites
- Schedule....

But if you play the radio stream if I remember correctly you can still selecting it in Playing now and add it to your web favorites (but I'm not sure)

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 03:14:42 pm »

hi robydago, thanks for the reply. yea that i figured out. but is it possible to add you own\favprites from ones home town i wonder?

robydago

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 02:25:41 am »

what you can add to favorites are (I think) streams URL not web sites URL
if you are not able to add to favorites anything that is not selected inside sites available under web media (like SHOUTcast and so on), you can:
- Play the stream URL you want by selecting File>Open URL
- right click the stream in Playing Now and select SendTo>Playlist (creating a new playlist dedicated to streams shortcuts if you want)

NOTE: in this way all your streams shortcuts will be available in a playlist and not under Web Favorites.

maybe there's a better and smarter way to do it, but i'm a new user of MC so that's the only way I know (for now... 8)..)
Pages: [1]   Go Up