INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slacker Personal Radio  (Read 4749 times)

skeeterfood

• Citizen of the Universe
  • We're all just food for the skeeters.
Slacker Personal Radio
« on: April 19, 2007, 01:49:32 pm »

I just found out about this new free streaming radio site that's currently in Beta.

http://www.slacker.com/

It's like Pandora but seems more geared towards playing music of the same genre than Pandora which seems to try and match more how the music sounds...

Here's their initial announcement: http://www.slacker.com/news.html

Supposedly they're going to have a WiFi/Satellite based portable player out later this year...

-John

wenpeek

Re: Slacker Personal Radio
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 08:16:11 am »

I recently discovered Slacker radio myself and I absolutely LOVE it.  They have a great list of stations to choose from and I even listen to Slacker more than I do my XM satellite radio.  No matter what kind of mood I'm in whether I want to hear 70's R&B slow jams, Disco, Country or even Techno music I can always find a station that works.  I'm on the computer A LOT so I'm always looking for different types of music to listen to and this site is one of the best one's I've found so far.  I highly recommend it! 

Oh, and did I mention it's also free?
   ;D
Wendy Peek ~ Dallas, Texas
"Love is life - if you miss love, you miss life." ~ Leo Buscaglia

robydago

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 08:55:12 am »

just tried it, but "Unfortunately, Slacker Personal Radio is currently only available in the United States."...

so many digital media services are available in the U.S. only... adding to that my love for the American accent (I guess I watched too many H.Bogart movies) no wonder I wish I lived in the U.S. of A.  ;)

wenpeek

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 10:29:09 am »

? Oops, my bad.  I keep forgetting that not everybody lives in Texas! LOL   ;)
Wendy Peek ~ Dallas, Texas
"Love is life - if you miss love, you miss life." ~ Leo Buscaglia

dannydesil

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 11:35:40 pm »

sweet..this could be cool. I hope that it works as well as pandora does as far as the lack of having to stop to buffer in the middle of the songs, but I hope the audio is much better than pandora which is very lacking in the midrange of the EQ. I wish that the app would give you a custom EQ or, use the eq settings in the ipod function of the phone. My car stereo only allows for fine tuning of the treble and bass, so for a problem such as the midrange, I am just out of luck.

hockey fights | kauai vacation home rental | internet marketing training courses

Pages: [1]   Go Up