INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld Synch still on Pre-converted size?  (Read 802 times)

Tanoshimi

• Junior Woodchuck
Handheld Synch still on Pre-converted size?
« on: April 24, 2007, 12:52:14 pm »

I've read posts in here about people having the same problem I do, that is, Before a Synch begins, MC will warn about the files not fitting on the handheld device, and only proceeding if the extra files are removed.  My problem with this is it is based upon the size of the files before conversion.  I convert from MP3 160 bitrate files to WMV 96kbps because the player handles these well, the headphones won't do better with higher bitrates, and I can fit more on. Unfortunately, MC says I can only fit half the songs in my list, even though I can see all of them should.

Has there been any word on repairing the size warning on synch's to the post conversion filesize estimate?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Handheld Synch still on Pre-converted size?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 05:14:41 pm »

The sync calculates the size after conversion.  Make sure you're using the latest MC 12 if you're having a problem with this.

Some free space is left on the device for the database, size estimate mistakes, etc.

If you continue to have problems, please post the exact sizes you're seeing. (available, file sizes, etc.)  Also, try a different encoder because perhaps an encoder is returning a bad estimated bitrate.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Handheld Synch still on Pre-converted size?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 05:51:29 pm »

Just to test, I created a new device at C:\Temporary\My Device. (using Options > Handheld > Add Device...)

I set conversion to WMA at 92.

I dropped 100GB of APE files onto the device.  It correctly told me that it would use 10GB.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up