INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 monitors / 1st Displaying JRiver, 2nd Displaying Video, Pics, etc. Help!  (Read 1353 times)

Dmusic

I am having a hard time with this.

Once I have monitor #2 displaying a video; monitor #1 displaying JRiver automatically minimizes.  When I change to full screen JRiver (monitor #1), monitor #2 video automatically switches over to monitor #1, leaving monitor #1 at a stand still (no video). 

What I need to happen:

Monitor #1 to view and access JRiver in full screen.
Monitor #2 to play a video, pics, etc. in full screen mode. 

Thanks, ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Try right-clicking the display and picking "Detach Display".

Then put it on monitor #2 and go to town.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

vine-au

• Junior Woodchuck
  • negative, I am a meat popsicle...

Or try swapping your cables around on your graphics card, then setting up the monitor config again.
I found some issues were resolved that way (for whatever reason)

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I guess, the key thing would be to set your "Full Screen" monitor as the Primary. Then all full screen applications will go there.
You also would have to tune your video card settings.
At least that's how it works in my case with an nvidia card:
Set your large screen as primary
Tell nvidia to open dialog boxes and other windows on the Secondary (makes sure only full screen stuff goes to the large screen).
Sometimes some windows do get open on a wrong monitor. If this happens - drag it to the right monitor and it will remember.
Some dialog boxes will always go to the Primary (Windows XP logoff dialog for instance)

Also you need to tell MC12 where to put the Full Screen (#1, #2 or Nearest) - should be #1 (Primary) - it's in Display Options.

Maybe only the last step is only needed. The first steps will allow other full screen apps (games for example) to go to the large screen by default.

I am having a hard time with this.

Once I have monitor #2 displaying a video; monitor #1 displaying JRiver automatically minimizes.  When I change to full screen JRiver (monitor #1), monitor #2 video automatically switches over to monitor #1, leaving monitor #1 at a stand still (no video). 

What I need to happen:

Monitor #1 to view and access JRiver in full screen.
Monitor #2 to play a video, pics, etc. in full screen mode. 

Thanks, ?

Dmusic

Thanks Matt - and also the rest of you.

I simply did drag over the small "display screen", worked perfect.

;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up