INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: unicode failure?  (Read 1042 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
unicode failure?
« on: April 28, 2007, 06:26:33 am »

Searched the forums (and the internet) and run into some very ancient stuff, I'm not sure what to do in my situation.

I'm running 2003 and MC12.0.207. I'm trying to import a M4V file to sync to my ipod. I get an error about microsoft layer for unicode, please reinstall.

What do I do?

NickM

• Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
Re: unicode failure?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 06:47:57 am »

2003?  Do you mean Win XP???

If so, on install of XP, there's an option to include different types of Unicode support.  This can retrospectively be installed, providing you have the original CD's..

Control Panel, Region al & Language Options, Advanced; then look at the code page conversion tables.  The chances are that the file you are loading was created using an Asian codeset for which you don't have the coed page installed.

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 09:06:32 pm »

If the file is not copyright I can try it on my Win2k3 with build 189. If I don't get the error I can upgrade and try again.
I have all kinds of additional unicode pages loaded.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 03:13:58 pm »

Hm I'm wondering if this is an issue with Vmware Fusion (I'm running OSX with XP and 2003 in Vmware).

I have the same thing in XP now with the 207 build. It pops up the same error message when I want to install a plugin (like Flac for instance).
Pages: [1]   Go Up