INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vista -- new NVidia drivers -- may fix crashing problems  (Read 1608 times)

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Vista -- new NVidia drivers -- may fix crashing problems
« on: April 28, 2007, 01:12:18 pm »

For those with NVidia, there are shiny new drivers available that are working well here and on my brother's machine that crashed regularly with older drivers.

I'd also highly recommend the Application Compatibility patch (March 2007)

I've done the things I've listed here and so far have not seen the issues others have had.
UAC is annoying, but soon I'll have everything installed and it shouldn't whine as often.

johnnyboy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Vista -- new NVidia drivers -- may fix crashing problems
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 07:39:26 pm »

UAC is annoying, but soon I'll have everything installed and it shouldn't whine as often.

Just disable UAC then - MS have already had to back track on it and say its not a security feature as its already being hacked and bypassed. There are several posts regarding it on various tech sites already.
Another few months at most before exploits are fully able to bypass it I reckon so why put up with it harassing you to do legit things when the illegit things can just get on with no hassles.

Seems a bit backwards to me.

Thanks for the heads up about nVidia drivers though, mine at home keep making the screen flicker alot.

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
Pages: [1]   Go Up