INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-Expanding Media Mode Buttons? Can This Be Done?  (Read 1436 times)

MGD_King

• Citizen of the Universe
  • It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
Auto-Expanding Media Mode Buttons? Can This Be Done?
« on: April 30, 2007, 02:16:16 pm »

I've looked all over and haven't found an answer, so I'm hoping you gurus can help. Is there a way to set the Organization Tree to autofill upon opening of MC? More specifically, what I'm trying to accomplish is when I open MC, I would like to have the Audio Media Mode button already expanded to show the populated tree (which I have set via a view scheme) show up as that is how I choose what media I want to play. I know, I could just click on the arrow to the right in the Media Mode button and expand the tree that way, but I'm lazy, and every click I can save is less wear-and-tear on the mouse.  ;D I seem to remember that MC10 did this, and since I jumped from 10 to 12 a few months ago, I can't remember exactly if MC behaved this way or not. If not, it sure would be nice to be able to do it.

Can someone point me in the right direction if this can be done? Am I missing something (I usually do when it's pretty obvious! LOL ) Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

MGD_King

Re: Auto-Expanding Media Mode Buttons? Can This Be Done?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 08:50:51 am »

Nothing? I changed the topic hoping that it might help draw attention.  ;)

gappie

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 09:12:15 am »

i think it can not.
you could make the road a bit shorter by setting the startup location at audio (options>startup) and just hit the space button on your keyboard after startup.

MGD_King

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 06:03:07 am »

i think it can not.
you could make the road a bit shorter by setting the startup location at audio (options>startup) and just hit the space button on your keyboard after startup.

Thanks for the reply gappie. I currently have the my startup configured the way that you suggested. I was just hoping that there was a way to get it to auto-expand/populate the tree.

mlagase

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 07:40:00 am »

Has there been any updates to fix this behavior so that the media mode buttons are auto expanded when MC is started? I know that you can hit the space button to accomplish this, but I think this would be a good nice to have feature.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 07:47:04 am »

By design, media roots do not auto-expand.

If you click them a second time, they will expand.  You can also click the little plus by each one to open it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up