INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple user accounts. Can you share everything?  (Read 658 times)

Click Cardo

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Multiple user accounts. Can you share everything?
« on: April 30, 2007, 07:07:07 pm »

I'm asking specifically about the latest safe MC 12 running on Vista, but an XP solution would help too.  I have an Administrator account that I use sometimes and a Vista Standard User account that I use most of the time.  It sets up separate folders under C:\users\user_name\....  just like XP does under the Documents and Settings folder.  So you XP users solution might work for me also.

I sometimes install software using the Standard User account and UAC prompts me for the Administrator account's password then continues.  So I'm not sure which account I used to initially setup MC 12.  I do know when I installed the latest version I downloaded it from the Sticky link and installed under the Administrator's account.  I also picked a different interface skin than what I was seeing using the Standard account which like I said is where I usually use MC 12.  When I logged back in under the Standard account I saw the new version, but the old skin.  The library there was different too.  That's when I started searching the c:\users\... folders and found the multiple MC 12 sub-folders.

I really DO NOT want the separate folders/settings, but want one shared setup.  This way whenever I make changes to the library, or skins, or whatever from either account they carry-over to the other account.  So is there any way in Vista, or even XP, to have multiple user accounts share the same MC 12 library/settings/etc.?
Pages: [1]   Go Up