INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with auto-rip + status display when ripping with 2 cd drives  (Read 816 times)

tjobbins

• World Citizen

Hi

I'm doing a massive rip session, having not used MC for a while now.  This is the therefore the first time I've used MC12, and also the first time I've used Auto-Rip mode, and 2 drives simultaneously.

I am having two problems:
In auto-rip mode:  sometimes after putting a new disk in, auto-rip does not start ripping it.  I have to manually start it ripping by right-clicking on the drive and choosing Rip CD.
When manual-starting rips, the Rip Details screen does not show the correct status for both ripping drives.  The most recently started disk shows its status, the older disk shows as not ripping.

Here's my setup and two examples of the problems:

Example 1 - demonstrating both problems:

Windows XP SP2
MC 12.0.222 (problem also existed on 12.0.164, not tried other versions)
HW: One CDRW 48x, one DVD 16x, both IDE.
Settings: Both drives in Secure mode, max speed
Encoding to Monkey's Audio, normal setting
Auto-rip on.  If no CDDB found, show submission box.  If two entries found, do not auto-select (show box)
Encode-on-the-fly.  Max 2 sessions

1. Start Media Center. 
2. Insert CD1.  It starts ripping, because only one CDDB match was found.
3. Insert CD2.  CDDB submission window comes up to allow choice of one of two names.  Choose one, click ok.
4. CD2 is not ripping.  Its Drive/Devices view shows the CDDA tracks.  The button at the top says 'Cancel Rip' even though it's not ripping
5. Right click on CD2 in Drives/Devices, choose Rip Disk.
6. Both disks are now ripping.  In the Rip Progress section of the Action Window, it shows "Ripping 2 tracks", and both drives are flashing
7. If I click Details under Action Window->Rip Progress, the Drives and Devices display shows two disks. 
8. CD2 - the one that did not auto-rip, and that I manually started ripping - shows as ripping, with track statuses of Complete, Ripping, or Pending.
9. CD1 - the first disk, that did auto-rip, shows in Devices and Devices as not ripping.  None of its tracks have any status.  There is no way to know which track is currently ripping, or how much longer it will take - other than manually refreshing the file system folder that it's ripping to.

Example 2 - demonstrating just the incorrect display issue:

Setup as before, except auto-rip turned off.

1. Started MC
2. CD1 inserted. 
3. Right click on CD1 in Drives&Devices, choose Rip Disk.  Disk starts ripping. 
4. Rip Details window shows CD1 ripping.
5. CD2 inserted. 
6. Right click on CD1 in Drives&Devices, choose Rip Disk.  Disk starts ripping.
7. Rip Details window shows CD2 ripping.  CD1 shows as not ripping - the status for all tracks on CD1 is 'On Disk'
8. Rip Progress window shows 'Ripping 2 tracks', and both drives are flashing, so they are ripping ok.
9. Above repeats indefinitely - whichever disk was last started will show as ripping in D&D window; earlier disk shows as with all tracks having status of 'On Disk'
Pages: [1]   Go Up