INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 12.0.222 Theater View Scrollbar - How Do I Switch It Off?  (Read 1134 times)

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe
12.0.222 Theater View Scrollbar - How Do I Switch It Off?
« on: May 02, 2007, 11:53:58 am »

You did an incredibly nice job with Theater View (I just installed 12.0.222 and Theater View is far better than before, congratulations! :) especially the size percentage is a real progress, now I don't even need to have total control over the fonts).

The only part which I don't need and which eats up a lot of screen area for me is the right-hand scrollbar (on a touchscreen not necessary). The former preference entry is gone...

Can someone tell me in short form how I can switch it off?

I assume it's in the main.xml file of the skin I use. Just don't want to mess something up, so a short hint would be cool help.

Thanks
Martin

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 12.0.222 Theater View Scrollbar - How Do I Switch It Off?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 12:25:52 pm »

The only part which I don't need and which eats up a lot of screen area for me is the right-hand scrollbar (on a touchscreen not necessary). The former preference entry is gone...

How are you scrolling with a touchscreen?  The optional "Page Up" and "Page Down" buttons will likely be removed in the future since the scrollbar is there.

The art isn't totally final, so we'll consider making the bar thinner.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

globetrotters1

Re: 12.0.222 Theater View Scrollbar - How Do I Switch It Off?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 12:34:35 pm »

well, lol, Matt, I use a special setup with an invisible overlay structure over the touchpanel and have certain zones of the screen reserved for scrolling up and down...

all works well and no problem

just your scrollbar eats up such a lot of space on a NTSC screen that I would love to switch it simply off... or if you reduce it together with the percentage of the font to a reasonable size it would be acceptable somehow (although I would prefer the switchable version... :) )

Martin
Pages: [1]   Go Up