INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: artist info lookup  (Read 677 times)

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • computers are just a fad
artist info lookup
« on: August 25, 2002, 09:19:54 am »

If you had the name of a song and the artist, but wanted album name, year released, track #, etc... what source do most people here use?? I used to use CDDB, but it became so unreliable and filled with useless "Cousin Ralph's Awesome Compilation Disc" or "greatest hits vol 13" listings that I quit using it. I started using rollingstone.com, which works pretty well, but not 100%.... Also, for cover art as well. I have been using cccovers and coverworld, but for anything even slightly obscure, they wont have it. I listen to mostly 70's and early 80's rock/pop/country. I would LOVE any and all suggestions!!!

Listening to: 'Love Is Alive' from 'Dream Weaver' by 'Gary Wright' on Media Jukebox

sekim

RE:artist info lookup
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2002, 09:36:37 am »

shelly

RE:artist info lookup
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2002, 03:06:26 pm »

bigcuedaddy,

I find AllMusicGuide to have the most comprehensive information on artists and albums. However, they may not have information for import albums.  CDDB at Gracenotes.com is still very useful when you don't know the artist or album name, as you can search for more than one parameter at a time.  Once you narrow down your search at gracenotes, then you can verify the information using track times at AMG.  If cccovers and coverworld don't have the cover art that you are looking for, check out walmart.com.  All of their cover art is high resolution.  When all else fails, I search for the artist and album name at google.com.

Shelly
Listening to: 'Sunday In New York' from 'No Looking Back' by 'Laverne Butler' on Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up