INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recovered iPod songs don't work  (Read 1198 times)

Ron2b4

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Recovered iPod songs don't work
« on: May 04, 2007, 03:07:51 pm »

My iPod and Media Center have been working together just fine--until I used Sync by mistake, and all the songs on my 3rd gen ipod disappeared. I used a program called Recover My iPod to rescue the tracks, and it seemed to work.  The files have the correct names and look like the right sizes. But  they are no longer recognized by MC12, nor by MS Media Player.

What gives?  Or does anyone know another program that does a better job of resurrecting files from an iPod?

Ron

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Recovered iPod songs don't work
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 03:28:43 pm »

One of the synch options is to remove files from the ipod that are not being synched.  You might want to check how it's set.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 04:02:05 pm »

My guess would be the recovery didn't really work. What you have is a bunch of garbage in the mp3 files as a result of the restore program picking up the file data from the ipod database and trying to create files from them.

TheLongshot

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 09:34:21 pm »

I actually had a similar thing happen with my Sansa where I had to rebuild the database.  Afterwards, when I plugged my Sansa in, the files were listed, but the link between those and the MC library was gone.  I had noticed the filenames had changed, so maybe that was it.

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for you, since I just deleted everything and rebuilt it from MC.

Jason
Pages: [1]   Go Up