INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping Queue Problems  (Read 788 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Ripping Queue Problems
« on: May 07, 2007, 06:42:03 pm »

There seem to be some strange occurrences with ripping CDs and queuing them up.  I'm using the rip first and encode completely separately.  This way, I can rip a whole stack of CDs and let it encode them to FLAC q8, which takes about twice the time as it takes to rip.

I like the auto-rip feature and auto-eject but there are a few issues.

1. It would be nice if upon inserting the CD, a period of time would be waited before starting to rip.  This would let me correct errors and get the tags looking decent.  30 seconds would be plenty of time...just to get the first few tracks checked and then I can check the rest while the first few rip.
2. The first CD works fine.  But on the second or third...it will rip it and then not eject.  It will eventually eject (before done with the queue) but it seems that if I add a new CD, it doesn't rip it.  Instead, it ignores the fact that a new CD was inserted (I can still edit the tags) and then it will eject it when it would have ejected the earlier CD.
3. It would be nice if there was a display area where it would list the queue of songs to rip.  I know most people just use the rip and encode simultaneously method but for high compression FLAC, this would add a lot of long-term wear to a drive and just take a lot longer.  I also like to separate the processes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up