INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Tray - Can MC display currently playing track?  (Read 1116 times)

mirdle

• World Citizen
Windows Tray - Can MC display currently playing track?
« on: May 10, 2007, 09:28:37 am »

If I place my mouse over the MC windows tray icon, it shows me the track that is currently playing.  Is there any way to set an option so that each time a track starts MC will show briefly the currently playing track from the windows tray (like Windows Media Center does) ?

Thanks.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Windows Tray - Can MC display currently playing track?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 10:27:48 am »

natively, no.

£5 GBP will get you the indispensible playingnow plugin which does exactly what you ask, and then some.

mirdle

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 08:49:31 am »

Thanks for the info.  After reading your post, I downloaded the playingnow plugin and have played with it a bit. 

mirdle

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 05:42:45 pm »

Nice add-on.  One thing I can't figure out is how to get the popup to only show up once a new track has begun.  I've added this to my main INI file :
"PopupAtEnd=0"   That got rid of showing the info from the track that was just finishing, but the popup always shows up 2-3 seconds before the track ends.  I'd rather that the popup only appeared 1-2 seconds AFTER the new track had started playing.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 02:43:07 am »

this problem is related to how MC changes tracks.
MC changes to the next track with about 5 seconds of the previous still to play to allow it to do things like x-fades. We used to see this in the player display window (the next track would display with -0:05 in the time counter) but recent internal changes in MC12 keep the current track info on display until the next track starts. The plugin still picks up the track change event at the time it actually happens and that is why you see the effect you are seeing. As far as I'm aware, there's no way to work around this.

I use an always present, always on top, title bar skin and as such, am not affected by this issue.

(click image to view full size) (click here for more pn skins)
Pages: [1]   Go Up