INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sequence number in delimited text files?  (Read 915 times)

Tanguero

• World Citizen
Sequence number in delimited text files?
« on: May 12, 2007, 07:17:25 pm »

I am working on a project where I need to export playlists in delimited text format, and it would really help if I could get the sequence number (from the Seq. column) included in each record of the file. Is that possible? I have tried to export all columns, but it is not included there. I have tried to export with column selection based on the present view, but I cannot eplicitly choose the Seq. column.

Does anybody have any ideas?

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Re: Sequence number in delimited text files?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 05:41:36 am »

I suppose you can use the Counter() function on a expression column to make this happen, or...?
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 05:52:20 am »

Never tried the counter before, and it doesn't work the way i presumed when i tried it now. So i don't know how to use it...
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 05:14:23 pm »

It seems that the "Seq." field is included after all if it is defined in the view, so I guess I just have to define a view that works both for viewing and for post-processing. It would be better though if the column were included when I export all columns. Something for the helpful MC people to change in the design? The counter() is new to me, but it seems worth trying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up