INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync Suggestions  (Read 917 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Sync Suggestions
« on: May 16, 2007, 11:51:16 pm »

It would be great if there were some more sync options to help clean things up.  Here are my suggestions:

1. Hide items already synced.  I usually just want to know what changes will occur on a sync and a huge list just hides many important listings.  I would think a button up top next to Cancel Sync / Options called "Hide Complete" or "Show Complete" would work great.
2. Next to the Artist / Album selectors under a device, I think a third selector should be introduced.  It could either be Playlist--that would be a very broad and useful solution--or it could be Audio/Images/Video.  I actually like the playlist idea.  This way I could quickly see a playlist's items.
3. The Status column really should be forced to be wider.  It is hard to even see the status of anything.  Simply overlaying "Converting" or "Uploading" over the bar graph may work.  It is almost wide enough for that word so it should display fine and the graph wouldn't take a whole ton of extra width space.
4. What about adding a graph for the device's free space?  It could be in the top bar (with SD card / iPod picture) aligned to the right.  A simple pie graph would work fine.  Even better would be a breakdown of space taken by each playlist, using simple MB or GB notation.
5. Lastly and very important, could you change the MC.dc and MC.dic files to default to be hidden?  I always see these files whenever I pull up my flash drive, sd card, etc., and it would be great if they could just be hidden.  I hide lots of files so they are out of sight...somewhat of a neat freak.  I like every file very accessible without too much clutter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up