INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get BlueToo Skin to work with MC12 V12.0.258 onwards  (Read 21964 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to get BlueToo Skin to work with MC12 V12.0.258 onwards
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2007, 01:43:32 am »

Yes, the blue too folder is in the proper location, and I had also made sure of that before your suggestion. Like I said, I did the exact same thing on 2 different PC's. 1 worked, 1 didn't. I mean, the instructions aren't difficult, and that's why I was always confused as to why I couldn't get it to work. Now I know that it wasn't me, but a quantum singularity with my Vista machine.

I'll have to check on a Vista box and see if perhaps this just a "Vista" thing.  I thought I did this already, but I'm not sure now.

It looks FANTASTICK, and it should really be the default skin when you install MC12.

I agree -- it's my favorite Theater View skin.

Larry

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2007, 03:02:42 pm »

Hi CarolinaGuy / RiderFan - I've got BT working on two different Vista Boxs just fine (in fact I used these to test the chagnes to get this skin working with the later versions of MC12).  Larry thanks for the helping!

Updating the Plug In Download
As I'm not the Author (who has now moved on from JRiver) I can not update the original Plug In download from the JRiver website.  I've asked JimH if someone with the right permisions could take the three files from the first post in this thread and update the Plug In download as IMHO it causes nothing but confusion!

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2007, 03:28:51 pm »

Just submit it as a new plugin and give it your own version number and I'll take care of the rest.

http://accessories.jrmediacenter.com/mediacenter/submitplugin.php

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2007, 04:19:24 pm »

Thanks Bob,
The only prob is I don't know how to make the mjp file - do you just want to submit a zip on the while new Blue Too folder?
Nathan

EDIT - I've uploaded a RAR with all the files and the thumbnails
JRiver CEO Elect

RiderFan

« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2007, 04:43:41 pm »

I am not doubting that this skin works on Vista. It doesn't, however work on mine. I may have a regisrty quirk or some other PC related quirk that IS preventing it to work one one of my PC's. If I have time, I may try reinstalling and cleaning out all MC12 refrences from my registry to see if that will work.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2007, 04:54:48 pm »

I don't think there is anything in the registry that is going to help (but who knows).  All you "should" need to do is to ensure that on Vista you have the following:
1) C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\FullSkins\Blue Too
2) replace the main.xml file with the new one from the first post of this thread where the top lines are
<MJFS version="2.3">

<SKIN Name="Blue MC12.2.3" Author="jmone" WebSite="" BaseSkin="..\Shared\Base 1.xml" />
You will see from the line above that this skin (like many others) uses the BaseSkin so this folder and files need to exists (eg there should be a "Shared" folder at the same level as the "Blue Too" folder

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2007, 05:29:01 pm »

Thanks to Bob, The Updated Blue Too Skin is now packed from the "Skins and Plugins" page and can just be installed from http://accessories.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/825.mjp

Please advise of any issues with the installer package (works fine for me).
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2007, 07:21:43 pm »

Thanks to Bob, The Updated Blue Too Skin is now packed from the "Skins and Plugins" page and can just be installed from http://accessories.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/825.mjp

Please advise of any issues with the installer package (works fine for me).
Thanks
Nathan

Thanks for doing this.

Larry

RiderFan

« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2007, 09:26:36 pm »

OK, I installed the skin from the updated file, still no joy. I completely uninstalled MC12. Then reinstalled MC12. I downloaded the skin again from the updated file and voila...presto...it was finally a selectable skin. I guess I just had a flakey MC12 install.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2007, 11:42:49 pm »

OK, I installed the skin from the updated file, still no joy. I completely uninstalled MC12. Then reinstalled MC12. I downloaded the skin again from the updated file and voila...presto...it was finally a selectable skin. I guess I just had a flakey MC12 install.

Good to hear your up and going - hope you enjoy the skin!
JRiver CEO Elect

neFAST

• Galactic Citizen
  • \o/
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2008, 10:04:28 am »

How can we change the icon animation on main menu? (zoom in bluetoo, animated cube in other skins)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2008, 05:06:01 pm »

How can we change the icon animation on main menu? (zoom in bluetoo, animated cube in other skins)

Firstly you will find all of your TheaterView skins in "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\FullSkins" , each with their own directory with consists of a "Main.xml" file that controls the look and feel of each skins and references the graphics etc.  To cook up your own skin you can create your own by starting with a skin you like and copying the whole directory then start editing away (eg say copy the "blutoo" folder to "myskinname" and then start editing "Main.xml".  While I don't think there is any guide on how to create a Theaterview skin, you will get ideas from looking at each of the skins own "Main.xml" and can try cutting and pasting the bits you like from these skins into yours.

Good luck and I'm sure people would like to see your skinning efforts!

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

neFAST

• Galactic Citizen
  • \o/
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2008, 03:49:16 am »

Thanks jmone for your help. I already knew how to edit xml files and that's why I asked for the parameter controlling icon animation.
There is a quick guide in the wiki, but it's really not enough detailed.
Be sure that I'll share my skin as soon as possible.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up