INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get BlueToo Skin to work with MC12 V12.0.258 onwards  (Read 21963 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

Last Updated - 7 Dec 07

These are the latest set of files and instructions to get Blue Too running with MC12

Firstly to acknowledge that I've just cleaned up a bunch of stuff in the the original Blue Too Skin by LanceD to work with the latest Ver 2.3 of the MC12 Skin (eg MC12 V12.0.258 onwards) including:
- based on the new Base_1.xml skin:
- added the bread crumb location
- refined some of the spacings and layouts of the graphics and text
- added the graphics for News and Weather on the front page
- added the graphics for all items on their sub pages

The Updated Blue Too Skin is now packed from the "Skins and Plugins" page and can just be installed from http://accessories.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/825.mjp

Enjoy & please post any comments!
Nathan.
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC12 and BlueTwo TheaterView Skin
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 07:00:06 pm »

The first screen shot is the result of the recent Theater View sizing changes. You can no longer define the size and most importantly, the layout of the main menu buttons by the skin's xml. This is one of my biggest gripes at the moment. I've posted some info on this in the beta forum. I'm hoping this limitation will get adressed in the near future.

The other issues you're seeing are fixable. Check the skin's XML file and:-

<PICTURE>
REMOVE OR COMMENT OUT THIS LINE
<Item Bitmap="Pictures\Menu_bg.png" Location="*" Rect="18.5,34,47,75" Alpha="60" Style="0"/>    
ADD THESE LINES
<Item Bitmap="Pictures\hover_my weather.png" Location="weather" Rect="72,70,97,100" Alpha="80" Alignment="3" Style="0"/>
<Item Bitmap="Pictures\hover_my explorer.png" Location="news" Rect="71,70,96,100" Alpha="80" Alignment="3" Style="0"/>
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THIS DEFINED FOR TV
<Item Bitmap="Pictures\television_logo.png" Location="TV\**" Rect="15,10,90,35" Alignment="1" Alpha="100"/>
</PICTURE>

Finally, the dialogs look weired because the skin is missing this shared component.  At the top of the same XML file, add this:

Code: [Select]
<SKIN Name="your skin's name" Author="" WebSite="" BaseSkin="..\Shared\main.xml" />
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 11:31:18 pm »

Thanks Ralf  ;D,

I made a couple of changes as the graphics for Weather & News were in the out compared to the others so:
<Item Bitmap="Pictures\hover_my weather.png" Location="weather" Rect="10,40,30,70" Alpha="70" Alignment="3" />
<Item Bitmap="Pictures\hover_my explorer.png" Location="news" Rect="10,40,30,70" Alpha="70" Alignment="3" />

You don't have by chance have say a "news_logo.png", "weather_logo.png" in the same look and feel?

I quite like the skin but given the editing requird I'm not sure why JR has it listed as MC12 compatible!

Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 03:08:49 am »

You don't have by chance have say a "news_logo.png", "weather_logo.png" in the same look and feel?

No I don't. Sorry mate. I've been meaning to do it but just havn't got around to it yet...
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 07:29:58 pm »

Here the are the missing files & code to complete Blue 2 for MC12
  <Item Bitmap="Pictures\weather_logo.png" Location="weather\**" Rect="2,2,40,15" Alignment="1" Alpha="100" />
  <Item Bitmap="Pictures\newsfeed_logo.png" Location="news\**" Rect="2,2,40,15" Alignment="1" Alpha="100" />
Enjoy
Nathan

JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 07:43:04 pm »

What’s the etiquette / process for updating this skin on the MC Website now its more or less OK for V12?
Thanks
Nathan

EDIT - I've also uploaded the modified main.xml file with all the changes discussed above for those interested (you will need to rename it back to main.xml and replace the one in the Blue Two skin folder
JRiver CEO Elect

LanceD

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 06:48:51 pm »

Wow... I tested it against my own setup (at the time) and didn't get these problems. Sorry for not doing a better job QAing it. I had actually planned to update it eventually, but I've switched to using Vista Media Center and haven't used MC much since. If MC had a decent EPG and a more intuitive DVD interface, I'd have stuck with it...

LanceD

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 06:52:27 pm »

By the way, Did you guys d/l the MC11 version and have to mod if for MC12, or D/L the MC12 version? I did make some changes for MC12, but maybe I didn't change it enough.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 07:06:46 pm »

By the way, Did you guys d/l the MC11 version and have to mod if for MC12, or D/L the MC12 version? I did make some changes for MC12, but maybe I didn't change it enough.
Let us know if you'd like a license.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 07:33:10 pm »

It is a download from the MC12 Version but required the mods in listed above to work (all now in the updated main.xml) as well as the links to the updated graphics for Weather & News (all three are attached in this post if you would like to check and mod!)

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 05:40:26 am »

Very nice skin -- good job.

Somebody should update the one on the download site since a lot of people won't know to search the forums in order to get it working, and the fixes necessary will be too advanced for "normal" users (people who are familiar with this stuff often forget how daunting it is for the less experienced.)

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 05:47:09 am »

I noticed that this skin puts fewer items on any given page (i.e. 1 less news headline on a single page, 1 less weather day, one less genre, etc.)  Is this intentional?  It seems like the items are pretty much the same size, but that there is a lot of extra empty space with the Blue Too skin.

Thanks,

Larry

Chris Main

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 05:50:22 am »

Well, I'd second the call for an update to the download file, although the very fact I'm here somewhat argues against....

"all three are attached in this post "

I may be missing something, but do you mean that the three bits of code are attached, or that the files are attached that you can replace the xml files ...?

Ie, right now, do I still have to edit the xml file that was installed, or can I aquire an updated one from somewhere..

Otherwise, thanks - the skin looks great, looking forward to it looking great on my monitor...

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 05:51:11 am »

Very nice skin -- good job.

Somebody should update the one on the download site since a lot of people won't know to search the forums in order to get it working, and the fixes necessary will be too advanced for "normal" users (people who are familiar with this stuff often forget how daunting it is for the less experienced.)

Larry
I've contacted LanceD about the mods to his skin and he is looking into this
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 05:56:16 am »

Well, I'd second the call for an update to the download file, although the very fact I'm here somewhat argues against....

"all three are attached in this post "

I may be missing something, but do you mean that the three bits of code are attached, or that the files are attached that you can replace the xml files ...?

Ie, right now, do I still have to edit the xml file that was installed, or can I aquire an updated one from somewhere..

Otherwise, thanks - the skin looks great, looking forward to it looking great on my monitor...

Till the three files get updated on the main site you will need to:
1) Install it from "Skins & Plugins"
2) Download "main.txt" from this thread and RENAME/REPLACE the "main.xml" file in "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\FullSkins\Blue Too" directory
3) Download the 2 x PNG files from this thread and copy them into the "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\FullSkins\Blue Too\Pictures" directory

Thanks
Nathan

JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 06:08:26 am »

I noticed that this skin puts fewer items on any given page (i.e. 1 less news headline on a single page, 1 less weather day, one less genre, etc.)  Is this intentional?  It seems like the items are pretty much the same size, but that there is a lot of extra empty space with the Blue Too skin.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry - this was also noticable to me especially on my 720p setup - While LanceD may be able to comment about his original intentions, I've kept reducing the TheaterView size in the options till I got the number of rows & items I wanted (for me it was 90%)
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Chris Main

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 09:04:34 am »

2) Download "main.txt" from this thread and RENAME/REPLACE the "main.xml" file in "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\FullSkins\Blue Too" directory
3) Download the 2 x PNG files from this thread and copy them into the "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\FullSkins\Blue Too\Pictures" directory

Thanks for the quick response, and I've tried everything I can think of to avoid looking like a noob.... but *where* in the thread are these files...

I'm happy with what to do with them, just that most bulletin boards have file links that are ....obviously file links..... and I cannot see any for these three files...

Thanks again....

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 09:10:01 am »

In jmone's signature?

Chris Main

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 02:53:57 pm »

Well, sorry if I'm being thick.... in the signature all I see are links to his to five songs... and great though that is, it ain't helping.

So apologies if it's ovbious, but can you be a little more specific ? ... do I need to be a certain level of poster ? is there some BB setting I'm missing ?

I've tried editing the xml file... though I know I still need the other two .png files anayway... but the skin still doesn't appear in the Theaterview skin list...

Maybe I'd better wait for the download file to be updated....

Thanks...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 03:00:32 pm »

It isn't his signature, but it looks like his fourth post is the one you need.  Small typeface.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 03:03:28 pm »

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 03:32:11 pm »

Well, sorry if I'm being thick.... in the signature all I see are links to his to five songs... and great though that is, it ain't helping.

So apologies if it's ovbious, but can you be a little more specific ? ... do I need to be a certain level of poster ? is there some BB setting I'm missing ?

I've tried editing the xml file... though I know I still need the other two .png files anayway... but the skin still doesn't appear in the Theaterview skin list...

Maybe I'd better wait for the download file to be updated....

Thanks...
Look for the little Paperclips just above my Sig Block in the two posts that Marko as linked to above. :)
JRiver CEO Elect

Chris Main

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 01:28:47 pm »

Well... after more frantic searching and in the end some direct emailling... I'm happy to say that it was worth the effort... the skin just looks the business...

It feels churlish to mention that the top page descriptions for news and weather also seem to be missing, but since I'm likely to use this most on a non-connected machine it's no bother...

Thanks all....

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 03:39:46 pm »

Hi Chris the two PNG files I sent you are the "Top Page Descriptions" you just need to save them into the "...Blue Too\Pictures" directory and all should be good.

JRiver CEO Elect

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 04:41:36 pm »

This thread has officially become a testiment to the idea of keeping the Plug-in download page updated with the latest version ;)

jmone -- I used the "size" method as a temporary workaround to put more items on the screen, but this of course makes some of the text feel a bit small.  Have you heard back about this issue?  It seems like something about this skin is not using the space as efficiently as the Noire skin.

Also, just a minor bug, but the icon for "Audio" on the main menu has a darker "box" around it during the animation -- i.e. when the Audio icon is either growing or shrinking, you can see a darker blue box around it.  This box disappears when the icon reaches full size, but none of the other icons do this, so something is "amiss" with this icon or the way it's displayed.

Thanks again,

Larry

LanceD

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 08:36:06 pm »

This thread has officially become a testiment to the idea of keeping the Plug-in download page updated with the latest version ;)

Ok, don't lynch me here   :o

When I updated this skin from the MC11 version, I was using whatever the initial release of MC12 was. I just tested the skin and couldn't figure out what you guys were on about  ? The skin worked for me. Then I decided to check my MC version, and sure enough, I was using 12.0.079 (or something similar) and 12.0.240 was the newest. When I updated, the skin broke (As was expected). If I may rant a little; I can understand changing the skinning methodology between major releases (say... between MC11 and MC12), but between minor releases?? As it was, when I made the skin, there was no documentation anywhere considering theater view skin construction, and I assume that aside from a user tutorial on the WIKI, there is still no spec posted anywhere. If this thread has become a testament to anything it's the idea that if you make a skinnable product, you should give your users the spec for creating skins...

Ok, rant over. Sorry.

I'll put in the patches posted and maybe do a few more upgrades and try to post it this weekend.

Lance

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 08:42:54 pm »

If this thread has become a testament to anything it's the idea that if you make a skinnable product, you should give your users the spec for creating skins...

I think it's a testament to the whole concept of testaments.

Thanks again for all your work on this.

Larry

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 09:03:24 pm »

Ok, don't lynch me here   :o

No only Praise!  ;D

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

LanceD

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 09:27:59 pm »

I can't seem to find the files attached. Can somebody PM or email them to me? Thanks!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2007, 09:31:17 pm »

Weird - your the second person who can not see the attachments in the posts above (you do have to be logged in).  I can e-mail them to you if you PM your e-mail address....
Thanks
Nathan

Edit - it seems to also take up to 10 sec or so for the "Paper Clip" graphic and download link to show....it could be all the other graphics in the thread need to be loaded first (only guessing)...
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2007, 09:36:52 pm »

Weird - your the second person who can not see the attachments in the posts above (you do have to be logged in).  I can e-mail them to you if you PM your e-mail address....
Thanks
Nathan

See if these links work for you:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40645.0;attach=30
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40645.0;attach=26
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40645.0;attach=28
JRiver CEO Elect

Chris Main

• Recent member
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2007, 03:06:40 am »

Hi Chris the two PNG files I sent you are the "Top Page Descriptions" you just need to save them into the "...Blue Too\Pictures" directory and all should be good.

Cr*p !! ... yes sorry... having said I was fine with what to do... I realise I just copied the three files to the same place, not putting the png's into the picture directory... Doh!

Put it down to trying to console a 2 month old at the same time.... thanks again.

LanceD

• Recent member
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2007, 05:02:17 pm »

Ok, Have they changed the way to submit a skin too? I can't find the submit button in the "Skins & Plugins" section. Maybe I've just gone completely nuts   :'(

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2007, 07:59:09 pm »

Hi Lance,
This is the link from the Sticky at the top of this forum.
http://accessories.musicex.com/mediacenter/submitplugin.php
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2007, 04:49:06 am »

Do any of the skin guru's know how to get the BlueToo skin to work with the latest beta builds (which changed to "version 2.2" Theater View skins)?

Thanks,

Larry

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2007, 10:54:49 pm »

Blue Too Update: Here is an updated MAIN.XML that:
- is based on LanceD's Skin in the download section
- should work with the Version 2.2 of the MC12 Skin (eg MC12 V12.0.252 (06/06/07) onwards):
- this is a "NO BUTTON" version of the skin
- this has a wider left margin than the default NO BUTTON skin

Download the attached (see the paperclip) MAIN.TXT, rename it MAIN.XML and copy it to your "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\FullSkins\Blue Too" folder

Enjoy
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2007, 11:09:01 pm »

- should work with the Version 2.2 of the MC12 Skin (eg MC12 V12.0.252 (06/06/07) onwards):

Download the attached (see the paperclip) MAIN.TXT, rename it MAIN.XML and copy it to your "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\FullSkins\Blue Too" folder

Enjoy
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2007, 11:28:18 pm »

Thanks Nathan.

Just to clarify, the first "main.txt" is the "no-button" version, while the second is the "button" version?
Is this correct?

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2007, 11:35:06 pm »

Thanks Nathan.

Just to clarify, the first "main.txt" is the "no-button" version, while the second is the "button" version?
Is this correct?

Thanks,

Larry

Just to answer my own question -- yes, this appears to be the case.

Is there a way to turn off the background video?  Also, is there a way to get the background to reach all the way to the edges and just have the "items" come in from the sides when using the overscan adjustment?

Thanks,

Larry

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2007, 12:01:21 am »

Just to answer my own question -- yes, this appears to be the case.

Is there a way to turn off the background video?  Also, is there a way to get the background to reach all the way to the edges and just have the "items" come in from the sides when using the overscan adjustment?

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry,
Turn Off Animations:  Add the following code to your BlueToo MAIN.XML file just under the SKIN NAME line -

<ANIMATION>
   <Background Bitmap="Animation\Background.png" Alpha="100" Mode="0" />
</ANIMATION>

Boarders - If I understand you Q propertly, you have two options:
1) "Tools > Options > Theater View > Border Size" - I use 2% on my HTPC that is hooked up to a TV, and 0% on a PC hooked up to a Monitor.  With Animations off by adding the code above you should just see a Black Border if you % is to high - try to adjust the % so you just don't see the border.
2) In the Skin itself you can modify how far the buttons are indented in so here is MAIN.XML #3

- this has a wider left margin than the default skin

Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
How to get BlueToo Skin to work with MC12 V12.0.252 onwards
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2007, 05:02:09 am »

How to get BlueToo Skin to work with MC12 V12.0.252 onwards

Firstly to acknowledge that I've just cleaned up a bunch of stuff in the the original Blue Too Skin by LanceD including:
- support for Version 2.2 of the MC12 Skin (eg MC12 V12.0.252 (06/06/07) onwards) based on the new Base_1.xml skin:
- added the bread crumb location
- refined some of the spacings and layouts of the graphics and text
- added the graphics for News and Weather

How to Install (for now)
1) Install LanceD's BlueToo skin at http://accessories.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/808.mjp
2) Copy to the "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\FullSkins\Blue Too\Pictures" directory the following two files:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40645.0;attach=26
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40645.0;attach=28
3) Download, then Rename one of the files below to MAIN.XML and Copy it to the "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\FullSkins\Blue Too" folder.  Your choices are simply to have the Background Animation and the Left Hand Control Buttons present or not:
- main: Has the standard backround Animation and control Buttons - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40645.0;attach=41
- main_noA: Has the control Buttons but NO background Animation - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40645.0;attach=42
- main_noB: Has the background Animation but NO control Buttons - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40645.0;attach=43
- main_noA_noB: Has NO background Animation and NO control Buttons - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40645.0;attach=44

Enjoy
Nathan.
JRiver CEO Elect

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2007, 03:44:21 pm »

Boarders - If I understand you Q propertly, you have two options:
1) "Tools > Options > Theater View > Border Size" - I use 2% on my HTPC that is hooked up to a TV, and 0% on a PC hooked up to a Monitor.  With Animations off by adding the code above you should just see a Black Border if you % is to high - try to adjust the % so you just don't see the border.
2) In the Skin itself you can modify how far the buttons are indented in so here is MAIN.XML #3

Thanks for all your feedback and help with this skin.

Regarding the border, the only real "solution" to the issue would be to make the skin system keep the background color all the way to the edges of the image rather than stopping at a "border" around the edges of the screen.

Please see my post here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40997.msg279938#msg279938 for more thoughts/explanations on this issue, which just cropped up with the Theater View 2.2 skin system changes.  I'm hoping that the behavior of the background color will be returned to the way it worked in the 2.1 system, where using the overscan adjustment did not result in a visible "border" being created.

Thanks,

Larry

UPDATE:  This is fixed as of build 258.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: How to get BlueToo Skin to work with MC12 V12.0.252 onwards
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2007, 11:53:39 pm »

Okay Nathan -- it looks like Blue Two needs updating again ;)  The Theater View skin version is now 2.3.  Any chance you could figure out what needs to be changed to get this skin to work with the latest MC build?  You're much better in this arena than I am.

Thanks,

Larry

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2007, 01:43:02 am »

Okay Nathan -- it looks like Blue Two needs updating again ;)  The Theater View skin version is now 2.3.  Any chance you could figure out what needs to be changed to get this skin to work with the latest MC build?  You're much better in this arena than I am.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry - for now open up the MAIN.XML file in the Blue Too folder and change the top line to <MJFS version="2.3">.  This will keep you going BUT, it looks like a bunch of stuff has changed however in V2.3 regarding how the skins reacts to the Overscan settings so I'll have to look at over the weekend and fix them up properly.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: How to get BlueToo Skin to work with MC12 V12.0.258 onwards
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2007, 07:30:29 am »

Larry - can you test this one out (it is taking a bit of work so far!).  It has both Vis + Buttons & still has some fine tunning to do on spacings.
Thanks
Nathan
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40645.0;attach=45
JRiver CEO Elect

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2007, 01:44:09 pm »

Hi jmone,

I tried your latest main.xml and all is working fine and looking nice but I have 1 question.

When in "Playing Now", I don't see the PIP, although it is specified in the XML file.

Do I have to do something special to see the PIP (coverart, track info, vis) ?
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2007, 05:02:02 pm »

Larry - can you test this one out (it is taking a bit of work so far!).  It has both Vis + Buttons & still has some fine tunning to do on spacings.
Thanks
Nathan
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40645.0;attach=45

Okay -- I just tested it (thanks again for all your work on this skin.)  I'm not seeing the issue that bennyd reported -- i.e. I AM seeing the coverart/track info etc. in the PN screen.

The only "new" bug I'm seeing so far is that on the home page, the green "hi-light" bar is overlapping onto the pictures of the currently selected item -- i.e. the green bar is much too wide.

A couple other things that stand out for me:

The "Play" indicator is no longer green.  I realize that this may not be due to the latest version, and that it's more of an artistic choice, but I think the green triangle worked a bit better since it stood out more, and it went well with the other hi-light green.  The current triangle is too understated in my opinion.

Another thing I've noticed for a while is that on the browsing screens, the "Playing Now" album art box does not fit within the green hi-light.  It looks like the green hi-light was stretched so that the PN box would fit here, but the box protrudes beyond the edges of the green hi-light a bit.  This is obviously a bit of a nit, but I've noticed it for a while so I wanted to mention it.

Thanks again,

Larry

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2007, 05:40:53 pm »

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
1) PN - I too have no problems with this
2) Buttons (Front) - Needs works!  The prob is especially noticable on my 720p box (with scaling and overscan) but looks fine on a hi res monitor
3) Play Indicator - If you want the Green Button (which does look good in the skin) copy the "PlayOverlay.png" file from "....\Acajou\List" into the "....Blue Too\List" directory
4) PN Art Box - I've also been distracted by this before (but never enough to look at it)!

Will play some more!
Nathan

EDIT - Play Indicator above...
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2007, 07:22:08 pm »

Give this one a try and let me know how it looks on your systems....

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40645.0;attach=46

JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2007, 01:56:26 am »

This one should play nicer with scaling and overscan seetings (but let me know!)  ;D

As always, download the following MAIN.TXT, rename it MAIN.XML and put in your "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\FullSkins\Blue Too" folder

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40645.0;attach=47
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up