INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.237  (Read 8414 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.237
« on: May 22, 2007, 09:29:30 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120237.exe

12.0.237 (5/21/07)

1. Fixed: When loading library server, some filenames would not properly switch to m01p://.
2. Changed: JRWorker delays filter graph clean up until the thumbnail image is created so that a thumbnail can be created even if the process hangs.
3. Fixed: The playback on-screen display could show when the display window wasn't visible in certain cases.
4. Fixed: In certain cases, the player was not ignoring accents, umlauts, etc. for searches and honoring the system's locale for sorting.
5. Fixed: A root view scheme (audio, images, video) could show without a drop arrow if there were no child view schemes. (even though web media was underneath)
6. Changed: Revised how keyboard shortcuts are routed to DVD, image, and video playback to fix the issue where occasionally shortcuts wouldn't work until clicking the display window.
7. Changed: All image, DVD, and video commands have corresponding MCC commands to allow full remote control access.

12.0.236 (5/18/07)

1. Changed: Order of operations when cleaning up DirectShow graph in thumbnailing.
2. Changed: Current core is now set via package installer.  (Should fix some UAC things.)
3. Fixed: Slideshow template's thumbnail page should now link to the right pages.

12.0.235 (5/18/07)

1. Fixed: Podcasts would duplicate episodes in the Podcast Feed view. (introduced in 234)

12.0.234 (5/17/07)

1. Fixed: Web Favorites tree item didn't stay highlighted on refresh.
2. Fixed: Smartlist Editor wasn't handling some date rules (Last Played, Date Imported, etc) correctly.
3. Changed: The "Did you forget to make your gallery public?" confirmation on Share To Web has a no show again checkbox.
4. Fixed: With tagging disabled, making a cover-art only change could still cause a file's tag to get written.
5. Changed: Default webpages updated.
6. Fixed: Library Server, TiVo Server or UPnP Server could hang unexpectedly (caused by status messages).
7. Fixed: TiVo Server and UPnP Server status messages display faster without flicker.
8. Fixed: Some confusing TiVo warnings have been moved to debug mode only.
9. Fixed: The device supported files type designation '*' (all) no longer trumps supported file types as determined by WMDM.
10. Optimized: Improved the performance of the player when using many Podcasts.
11. Optimized: Podcasts are parsed about 3 times faster.
12. Fixed: Playing a playlist made from a TV channel would not play the correct TV channel (introduced in build 195).
13. Fixed: Downloaded Web Media images (jpgs) did not show up in "Web Favorites - Images"
14. Fixed: Change some messaging in the transcoding that could have caused problems in Library/TiVo/UPnP Server.
15. Fixed: Clean up leading/trailing spaces in Library Server library paths.
16. Fixed: On some systems iPods were still showing up in the tree after being ejected.
17. Fixed: Flac format files would not transcode for data disc burning unless directshow filters were installed.
18. Changed: More detailed error message when library server client and server are different versions.
19. Optimized: Improved the speed of the core search engine. (underpins smartlists, views, etc.)
20. Fixed: Some analog TV tuners lost audio since build 224.
21. NEW: (Experimental) Slideshow template added to Share to Web.  (Select the "Use New Template" option in the Share to Web action window options.)
22. Fixed: searching for library servers will not find servers running on the local machine.

mbdundee

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 12.0.237
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 11:56:59 am »

Media Library client PC does not show Scheme View as it looks on the Server. From the left side panel under Audio, Server has views that can be expanded to Main Category, Artist then Album Name in a tree structure. Client now shows only Main Category then Unassigned. No Artist and Album Name. Previous version 120233 had the view consistent between Sever and Client but would not play anything. This build has fixed the play issue.
Thanks.

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 01:00:11 pm »

Auto-Import Options rule not obeyed.

I have a only subfolder chosen but MC is pulling Images into the library from root drive and parent folders.

DC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 01:06:37 pm »

Auto-Import Options rule not obeyed.  I have a only subfolder chosen but MC is pulling Images into the library from root drive and parent folders.
Doubtful.  Please double check your import options.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 01:12:43 pm »

Media Library client PC does not show Scheme View as it looks on the Server. From the left side panel under Audio, Server has views that can be expanded to Main Category, Artist then Album Name in a tree structure. Client now shows only Main Category then Unassigned. No Artist and Album Name. Previous version 120233 had the view consistent between Sever and Client but would not play anything. This build has fixed the play issue.
Thanks.

Please start a new thread, and show the details of the view scheme that is not working.

j

ogurgey

• Recent member
  • The storyteller
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 02:01:29 pm »

After updating from .233 to .237, Search anything from upper search bar, in Playing now, removes the Sequence values from the list (all "0").  The resultset cannot be removed from the list.  After the search criteria is removed, the Seq. Numbers are back.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 02:24:52 pm »

From 226 and 233 thread:
There's some problem with the support of the Year field of ID3v1 tags (for MP3s).  When changed via MC, the Year is not saved when changed.  It changes in MC, but not in the MP3 file itself.  Consequently, if you do Update Library (from tag), the Year reverts to its prior value.  I have ID3v2 tag support turned off (delete if existing), fyi.  I've noticed this for a few months now, but decided I'd mention the bug now.

I just retested with 237 build and it's still a tagging bug.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 03:27:33 pm »

From 226 and 233 thread:
I just retested with 237 build and it's still a tagging bug.

I figured it out.   If you use the Year column/field, it does NOT update the MP3 tags.  If you use the Date column/field instead it does update the MP3 tags.  Who knew!?  A little confusing, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up