INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Problem during import  (Read 1425 times)

Rudy81

• Junior Woodchuck
Cover Art Problem during import
« on: May 22, 2007, 10:41:38 am »

I have been importing .flac files into MC and overall it works fine.  However, about 10% of the songs in a given album have an incorrect cover art...a cover from another album in my drive.  The art is in each albums folder.

Anyone know how to solve this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cover Art Problem during import
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 10:43:21 am »

Take a look at the folder.jpg files in the directory.  If found, MC will use them.

Rudy81

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 10:49:49 am »

Thank you for the quick reply.  I do have the folder.jpg in each album folder and it imports that file with each album for most of the songs. However, a song or two have the incorrect album art.

Rudy81

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 10:53:40 am »

I would also like to add that when using MC and after I close the program, there is a folder.jpg on my desktop??

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 02:25:46 pm »

Scthom, the developer of the FLAC plug-in, is aware of this problem. Probably he can fix it, but you may need to wait a little while.

Here's a related thread in the plug-ins forum:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40283.msg276774#msg276774

As a workaround you can remove and relink cover art manually:

1. select the album files (or at least the files that have wrong cover art) > right-click > Cover Art > Remove Cover Art (answer no to the "delete from disk?" prompt)
2. right-click again (the files should be already selected) > Cover Art > Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Rudy81

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 02:31:51 pm »

I have been doing the manual thing, but thanks for letting me know it is not something I am doing. I am new to this program and it is a bit of  a learning curve.

scthom

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 09:40:31 pm »

Are you importing files from your desktop?  Is the desktop in your search folders?

Normally, MC won't create a folder.jpg, it will only use it if it already exists.

Perhaps if you have MC set to download cover art to folder.jpg for files that are on the desktop, it will put it there.

Rudy81

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 10:16:02 pm »

No, I am not importing files from the desktop. The files are being ripped by dbpoweramp and stored in my second SATA drive as flac files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up