INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View Presets Gone (customize current view)  (Read 1410 times)

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
View Presets Gone (customize current view)
« on: May 27, 2007, 09:01:48 pm »

Many of my playlists had customized column views in v11.  These did not get saved when exporting my v11 library and importing that library into v12.  Is there some way to restore my custom column views in v12?

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: View Presets Gone (customize current view)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 09:09:59 pm »

They changed the view preset/saving system, and in that process all presets are going to be lost, but I could be wrong.  The nice thing is that you can now save and apply your custom view settings much easier!!!
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 11:26:49 pm »

I found a registry setting for v11 but the string value is over 10,000 characters long and regedit doesn't seem to let me paste it into a new string value data field in the jriver/media center 12/properties hkcu key.

So, I recreated one of my column presets in v12 and that at leasted popluated the v12 registry key.  Then I was able to paste the v11 string value data into v12 key and it took it.  Now all my presets are in v12. 

However, all the various playists using the different presets in v11 are still the basic default column layout in v12.  I suspect it's tied to the library backup I used to migrate my library from 11 to 12.  As a matter of fact I just imported my v11 library backup into v11 on my other computer and the different column layouts are correct for all the playlists.  The restore library of v11 to v12 does not carry over these column layouts.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 01:23:06 am »

Unfortunately, this is the price of progress. The presets system changed in this build:

12.0.161 (02/01/07)

1. NEW: (Experimental) Attempt to add desired audio component to a tune request before submitting the request for DVB-T TV.
2. Fixed: DVB-T channel scanning could not be canceled.
3. NEW: Clicking SHOUTcast selects brings up (optional) choices box.
4. Fixed: Minor logging bug in TV.
5. Changed: DVB-T will try activate desired audio stream even though DirectShow reports that it is already active.
6. Changed: Digital TV Channel switching event handler is protected by critical section.
7. Fixed: Columns for renamed library fields couldn't be nicely removed using the "Columns" menu available at the top of the view. (or by right-click)
8. NEW: The "Columns" menu has "Add Expression Column..." at the top of it.
9. Fixed: Some "Logging" changes wouldn't take effect until a program restart.
10. Fixed: Certain MP3s could cause a crash during iPod upload.
11. NEW: Added "Presets" to view header title menu to allow saving and loading all view settings. (columns, sorting, thumb sizes, etc.)
12. NEW: Playlist views inherit view settings from their parent groups.  This allows making lots of playlists (or new playlists) all look the same.
        (Pick Preset > Default to reset a playlist so it falls back to the group's settings)
        (You can also customize an individual playlist inside a group)
13. NEW: Library specific options like auto-import folders get stored with a backup.
14. Fixed: View scheme view settings are no longer tied to view scheme names. (so renaming or moving a view scheme won't discard settings)

NOTE: Columns, sorting, and thumbnail sizes will be reset with this build.  This is to accomodate
all of the view setting related changes. (presets, playlist inheritance, more robust library view storage, etc.)
Sorry for any inconvenience.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 09:13:40 am »

I found a registry setting for v11 but the string value is over 10,000 characters long and regedit doesn't seem to let me paste it into a new string value data field in the jriver/media center 12/properties hkcu key.
You save the registry info from v11 to a reg file, edit the required fields in notepad, then dbl click that reg file  to enter into v12.

So there is no copy+pasting but rather, just removing unecesary fields. The binary data is left as is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up