INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12 plays but nothing else makes sounds  (Read 826 times)

brucemck2

• Junior Woodchuck
MC12 plays but nothing else makes sounds
« on: June 01, 2007, 08:28:55 am »

I'm using a pretty new Gateway laptop running XP SP2

MC12 works fine when I select as Output from the Playback settings Sigma Tel and Direct Out

When I attempt to play anything else I get no sound.  Itunes at start up says there may be a configuration error and things may not play properly.  No sounds from Windows ... the annoying start up and shut down sounds.  Nothing from Amazon when I try to play a music sample.

Here's what's odd: in the Sounds and Audio Properties from the Control Panel all the devices are grayed out in the Audio tab ... the Sigma Tel Audio that the Gateway uses doesn't show up ... but the Sigma Tel DOES show up in JR MC12.

Also, in JR MC12 if in the Playback Output mode settings I select "Default Audio Player" rather than Sigma Tel then JR MC12 outputs no sound.

Any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC12 plays but nothing else makes sounds
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 09:36:11 am »

Silly Windows.  Something is goofed up with the default audio device at the driver or OS level.  I've never heard of this before.

Luckily Media Center can nicely target any audio device.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

brucemck2

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC12 plays but nothing else makes sounds
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 10:27:28 am »

Found the fix inside the Device Manager ... something had set a flag telling the machine that while the Sigma Tel device was working to turn off it's audio properties!  Not easy to find since the Device Manager reports that the device is working!
Pages: [1]   Go Up