INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Album View drilldown  (Read 2011 times)

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
Request: Album View drilldown
« on: May 31, 2007, 01:36:51 pm »

I love the Album Thumbnails because it is so much like viewing my CD collection and lets me easily select an album to play. The problem when I only want to hear a few tracks from that album.

I was wondering if an option could be added that would allow you to drill down into an album from the Album Thumbnail view. My vision is like this:

- Display Album Thumbnails
- Click a new link titled "Tracks" under the album art.
- The resulting display would show only the tracks for that album.
- Click back to go to the Album Thumbnails view again

Example:

skeeterfood

• Citizen of the Universe
  • We're all just food for the skeeters.
Re: Request: Album View drilldown
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 02:35:24 pm »

I think what you're looking for already exists in the the "File" link under the Album thumbnail...

-John

skeeterfood

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 02:42:08 pm »

Whoops, just noticed you were using the Pane view with thumbnails, which doesn't seem to have a File link...  Seems like it should though, so I second your request.

-John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 08:25:20 pm »

Could the graphical views John posted work?  They're fully customizable, and designed to allow you to look inside of groupings.

Adding what you described to the panes view is pretty tricky, so couldn't be done for version 12.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 09:14:17 pm »

Hmm, can you repost the photo, I can't see it.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

mhakman

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 06:07:10 am »

For some reason my Firefox doesn’t show the image either. IE does.

gappie

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 06:25:11 am »

what i do is putting the different list styles in the toolbar. and use those. works great with small selections. i think it would even be better that if i choose an album and change the list style to details, it would remember what album i selected and jump to it and vv.

skeeterfood

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 08:45:15 am »

Sorry, the photo is probably not visible at the moment.  My web host moved me to a new server last night and I'm having issues at the moment...

-John

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 08:45:42 am »

Could the graphical views John posted work?  They're fully customizable, and designed to allow you to look inside of groupings.

Adding what you described to the panes view is pretty tricky, so couldn't be done for version 12.

It's good but not perfect for my needs. I love being able to filter "single" and "multiple" artists... one of my favorite features in MC. It gets rid of the clutter of individual tracks.

My mockup was an attempt to intrude as little as possible on the current design and move been existing views in a creative way. I've have never customized the view John showed but I've started playing with it. The only thing that John's view is missing is the ability to filter by single/multiple artist. But if those three elements were in one view... ability to select single/multiple artists, shows album thumbnails AND the tracks in that album would be ideal and even better than what I suggested.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 09:13:41 am »

It's good but not perfect for my needs. I love being able to filter "single" and "multiple" artists... one of my favorite features in MC. It gets rid of the clutter of individual tracks.

With graphical browsing, make the first level this filter.  Then double-click "single" or "multiple" to view the albums inside it.  Then double-click an album to view files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 09:56:27 am »

With graphical browsing, make the first level this filter.  Then double-click "single" or "multiple" to view the albums inside it.  Then double-click an album to view files.

That works quite well! I didn't explore those other views because I thought "album thumbnails" was what I wanted and what needed to be customized. I would still expect to be able to do something similar from the album thumbnail view, but this works.

Thanks for your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up